Stacking with Attributes possible?

Started by sinus, January 08, 2014, 05:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hello,

Say, I have a Set of Attribues called "Special".

In this set I have an Attribute called "Stacking".

I do have now an event and want stacking only some images there.
Now I would select all images, what I want to have stacked, and would add for all images in the Attribute "Stacking" a value, say for example "Stack-123"

Is it possible to do now an Autostacking with the Value of thes Attribues? Would mean, all images, with the value "Stack-123" would be stacked.

I tried a variable like {File.AT.Special.Stacking|Stack-123}

(from the help with {File.AT.Image.Caption|Arguments})

but the images does not stacking.

Background:
I am trying to find a good solution, for automatically stacking some images.
One possibility is the manual stacking (what I would go, if the automatic does not work), and this manual stacking is great.

But say, if I have a big event, and want stacking, say 10 independent stacks. With the attribute - system above, I gould go through all the images, and add in the Attributes some remarks to different images, like

stack-1
stack-2
stack-3

After this work, I could select all images and the 10 stacks would be created automatically, depending of the value (stack-1...) in the Attributes (empty Attributes should of course not be affected)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

This will work, but it depends on how the files are sorted and from where you run the Auto-stacking.

Incidentally I've fixed a glitch for the next build. Auto-stacking did not properly sort the files by the parsed variable before creating the groups of files with identical values to find the stacks.

For example: For the following files and their value

file 1: 123
file 2: 123
file 3: 500
file 4: 500
file 5: abc

IMatch creates a stack from file1+2, another stack from file 3+4.

But if the sort order of the files is different:

file 1: 123
file 3: 500
file 2: 123
file 4: 500
file 5: abc

IMatch creates now stacks at all. Because there are never two files with the same value next to each other.

For now:

+ Sort the files in the file window by the Attribute (create a new sort profile which sorts by your stacking Attribute).
+ Select the files in the file window and use the Auto-stacking command from the context menu of the file window to stack the files.
+ This way the files are in the right sequence when auto-stacking runs.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on January 08, 2014, 06:31:31 PM
This will work, but it depends on how the files are sorted and from where you run the Auto-stacking.

Incidentally I've fixed a glitch for the next build. Auto-stacking did not properly sort the files by the parsed variable before creating the groups of files with identical values to find the stacks.

Oh, so I am lucky, great  :)

For now:

+ Sort the files in the file window by the Attribute (create a new sort profile which sorts by your stacking Attribute).
+ Select the files in the file window and use the Auto-stacking command from the context menu of the file window to stack the files.
+ This way the files are in the right sequence when auto-stacking runs.

This is no problem for me. I will try it again, my main sorrow was, IF it is possible, to use Attributes-values for this.

BTW, I cannot praise enough your really very good manual. I wouls wish first, it would be downloadable for printing (tryed, but so far without success) and second, it would be also in German  ;D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I structured the IMatch 5 help to consist of rather large topics with a JavaScript-generated table of contents at the very top. This is much better for printing. You can print entire topics via the standard Print button available in the help window. If you have a PDF print driver, you can produce PDF files for each topic you are interested in.

I just tried with a very complex (layout-wise) topic: Variables.

The output looks quite good (see attachment).

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook