Unique Key-words

Started by Gerd, July 01, 2013, 10:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerd

Dear Mario,

due to my new experiences with 5.0 I found one point, that let me go in the wrong direction using 'Categories.'

The key-word 'Categories' is used in the left side, where you use it as selector, but also for the panel 'Categories', where you apply them.

It might be clearer (also in the help-file), if here a name like 'Category-Applyment' would be used ...

The panel 'Categories' is normaly not switched-on, so if you find in the help-text, that you have to go to 'Categories', the you are allways looking in the left side 'Categories' ...

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

I'm not sure that I can follow. Can you give a screen shot?
Of if you find it easier, you can re-phrase your question in Deutsch  ;)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Menace

It must my poor english, that I guess, I understand Gerd.

On the left side the "Categories"-View
On the right side the "Categories"-Panel

It would be easier to find them separately in the help-file, if the Categories-Panel are named as "Category-Applyment", because this would be their function.

Free translation:
Es wäre einfacher, wenn man Kategorien - Panel anders bezeichnet als die Kategorien-Ansicht.

Mario

Ah, the OP is talking about the IMatch Help. I must have missed that somehow.

The Categories Panel has it's own topic in the help.
When I type Category in the Index, it leads directly to the Category Panel.

The Category View is indexed under the general Categories topic, together with @Builder, @Keywords, data-driven categories and so on.

When looking for something in the IMatch help (or other help files), the Index tab is usually the best way to start. It shows the keywords I manually (!) assigned to each help topic. I often expand this in response to user posts here in the community - if a user did not find anything.

The Search tab in Windows help performs a full-text search on the given search word. This will bring up a lot of stuff when used for the IMatch help, because categories are mentioned in so many topics.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

Hallo Mario,

vielleicht einfacher in Deutsch ...

Auf der Suche nach dem alten Fenster, wo ich die Kategorien zuweisen konnte, bin ich zuerst immer wieder bei dem View 'Categories' gelandet und nicht bei dem Panel 'Categories' ...

Unterschiedliche Namen für unterschiedliche Funktionen vermeiden Verwirrungen ... :-)

Gruß
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd