Settings at Preferences / File window / User Interface / mouse

Started by reader, February 06, 2014, 04:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reader

This problem I'm describing is restricted to just my setup.

For some unknown reason, I've never been able to get my windows OS to recognize Photoshop as the default application to open most image formats.

Following the normal routine to accomplish something like that (in windows) fails at the point I use the 'Open With' dialog to set the default.  Even after traipsing thru the filesystem to find the Photoshop.exe, when I select it, it never appears in the dialog and hence is never assigned.  I really don't know why and finally grew weary of diddling around with it.

OK, all that said, what can I do at Preferences / File window / User interface / mouse, where you are able to assign what double-click, double-click-ctrl and double-click-Shift-CTRL do?

I'd like to be able to assign one of them to open photoshop  with the selected file(s) directly, but the only one that might get that done appears to be "open in associated application", and as I've explained, that will not be possible on my OS.

Is there a way, at that preference, to set something to open photoshop directly?  Or, do I just have to create my own favorite or key combo to provide some direct link to photoshop.exe, so I can quickly send files to photoshop?

Mario

You can add Photoshop as a Favorite to the Favorite Panel.
And you can drag and drop files from IMatch to the Photoshop task bar icon or the Photoshop window to open them.

Note: There is a bug in the current version which prevents the drag & drop to work. This will be fixed for the next Beta build.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

artem-dp

It is not so convenient to use favorites and not just Ctrl+click. Will it be possible to set custom program for Ctrl+click?

Mario

QuoteWill it be possible to set custom program for Ctrl+click?

No. You can open your images in other applications via
+ the Favorites Panel (only one click!),
+ via the <F3> keyboard shortcut you assign to your Application Favorites
+ the "Open with..." command
+ the Windows shell context menu available in the Advanced commands (<Alt>+<Return>)
+ by dragging the files from IMatch to the other application.

I current don't see a need to complicate things by allowing users to configure arbitrary applications to be triggered via the double-click actions in the file window. You are free to add a feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook