Metadata question

Started by P.Jones, April 30, 2014, 10:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.Jones

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to get Metadata/ Core Data/ Title to show the file name.

Core Data/ Title = {XMP::dc\title\Title\0}

In Preferences/ Metadata Templates, for 'XMP::dc\Title' I have the 'Fill the Tag from this data:' set as {File.NameExt}

If I set the Metadata Panel to the 'Default' setting, Title is blank.

If I set the Metadata Panel to the 'PDF' setting, Title shows my file name as expected i.e. IMG_9455.CR2

Don't know if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Paul

Mario

Works here nicely.
XMP:dc\Title is the standard tag "Title" and if I fill it with a template from {File.NameExt} the file name is shown in "Title" in the Default layout.

When do you run your template? During import? Or manually later? From the Metadata Panel? The Menu? A Favorite?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on May 01, 2014, 07:29:06 AM
Works here nicely.
XMP:dc\Title is the standard tag "Title" and if I fill it with a template from {File.NameExt} the file name is shown in "Title" in the Default layout.

When do you run your template? During import? Or manually later? From the Metadata Panel? The Menu? A Favorite?

Hi Mario

I ran it manually from the Metadata Panel and from the Menu tabs Command and Tools

Mario

My works manually and also when called during import:

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

P.Jones

Mine is setup as yours but doesn't work as shown in 'default' but fine in 'pdf'

Forgot to say the title shows in File Window Tip in both cases.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Are you maybe using old Metadata Panel layouts (created with an old IMatch Beta)?
When you point the mouse at the "Title" metadata tag in the default layout, the tooltip shows the underlying tag. Is this dc:Title?
What happens when you click on the Gear Button > Edit Layouts and then import the Default layouts I ship with IMatch?

The PDF Author tag is dc:creator not dc:title so it should not be filled at all.
What happens when you enter data into Title in the Default Metadata Panel? Does it stick when you move to another image and back?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

P.Jones

Quote from: Mario on May 01, 2014, 12:00:02 PM
Are you maybe using old Metadata Panel layouts (created with an old IMatch Beta)?
When you point the mouse at the "Title" metadata tag in the default layout, the tooltip shows the underlying tag. Is this dc:Title?
What happens when you click on the Gear Button > Edit Layouts and then import the Default layouts I ship with IMatch?

The PDF Author tag is dc:creator not dc:title so it should not be filled at all.
What happens when you enter data into Title in the Default Metadata Panel? Does it stick when you move to another image and back?

1. Tool tip = XMP::dc\title\Title\0

2. Success, that worked  ;D

3.PDF Author tag does show XMP::dc\creator\Creator\0, think you got mixed up with Title tag maybe !

PDF Title tag = XMP::dc\title\Title\0

Entering data works fine.

The MetaData Panels were created in ver 154 which I installed yesterday which updated ver 152. This using Win 8.1 64 bit.

I checked on ver 152 on my Win 7 32 bit PC prior to importing layouts as described above and Title had showed correctly.

Regards Paul

Mario

Since it works here, can some other testers please try that (Fill the Title standard tag from the file name with a metadata template) and let me know if it works on their machines?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

joel23

Quote from: Mario on May 01, 2014, 01:48:40 PM
Since it works here, can some other testers please try that (Fill the Title standard tag from the file name with a metadata template) and let me know if it works on their machines?
I did that already in the morning. Works here as it should.
regards,
Joerg

JohnZeman

Quote from: Mario on May 01, 2014, 01:48:40 PM

I just tried it on some test JPGs and it works for me.