Amazing batch processor

Started by jarraun, May 21, 2014, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarraun

Hello,

I didn´t expect the batch processor could do such a great job. Could you explain me how is it able to interpret the edits made to my NEF files in Capture NX2 and render an almost exact copy of the JPG´s files rendered by CNX2. Am I missing something or this is normal ?. It would such a nice finding.  :)

Javier

Mario

The batch processor uses the WIC codec installed on your system to produce the cache files  (which are also used by the Batch Processor).
If the WIC codec installed can interpret the RAW edits or the software you use to edit the RAW updates the embedded preview, you will get a 1:1 rendition. It all depends on which RAW software you use the installed WIC codecs.

For some users a DNG-based workflow gives best results. Or configuring IMatch to use a separate file produced by your RAW processor as a visual proxy or as a "for processing" proxy. IMatch 5 has many ways to deal with the various shortcomings of RAW processors and RAW formats.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook