V 160. Imorting Metadata window - cool!

Started by Aubrey, June 01, 2014, 07:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I really like the new window when importing metadata.
It is not clear what are the red and green curves; perhaps this infomration could be added to the text below the graph.

Aubrey.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

When you point at the graph, IMatch displays a tooltip which explains what the lines are.

Basically, it's just eye candy  ;D
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Got it...  eye candy sells software!

If one leaves the Imatch window and then returns, then info does not get posted,  I'm doing a F5 crtl shift on a folder with some 360 files.

Not a big deal, but as we're beta testing thought I should mention it.
Aubrey.

Mario

IMatch checks if there are ~ 50 files to be added/updated. Only then the overlay dialog is shown. If you rescan a folder with 10,000 files but only 10 new files are found, the dialog does not come up. If you close IMatch while files are ingested, and later re-open it, the dialog is not shown. IMatch processes files in the background as before.

The new dialog is basically a BIG hint for new users to leave IMatch alone while it adds tens of thousands of files. It's faster and also prevents some of the potential pitfalls for new users who stress out there system by adding tens of thousands of files while trying out the new user interface, getting in the way of the background processing, etc. A mere precaution to prevent too many "bug reports" when users work with IMatch 5 for the first time...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

QuoteIf one leaves the Imatch window and then returns, then info does not get posted

Aubrey refers here to the "eye candy" display which does no longer "work" if one leaves and returns.
I think I observed the same behaviour.

Mario

What does "leaves and returns" mean?

Closing and re-starting IMatch?
Switching to another application?
Leaving the room and returning?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

Aubrey

Quote from: Mario on June 02, 2014, 07:33:10 AM
What does "leaves and returns" mean?

Closing and re-starting IMatch?
Switching to another application?
Leaving the room and returning?

What I meant was IMatch still running and updating the images then moving to another non IMatch window (Google Chrome in my case as I was writing email to you  :) )  then returning to IMatch and clicking on IMatch and placed mouse over the graph. Time spent in non-Imatch application need only be seconds.

Aubrey.
Quote from: ubacher on June 02, 2014, 06:58:06 AM
QuoteIf one leaves the Imatch window and then returns, then info does not get posted

Aubrey refers here to the "eye candy" display which does no longer "work" if one leaves and returns.
I think I observed the same behaviour.

I found the graph appeared to continue to update without issue. It was just not possible to redisplay the tooltip explaining the lines.