Filtereinstellung etwas irritierend

Started by HaWo, July 05, 2013, 10:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaWo

Hallo Mario,

ich habe etwas Mühe mit dem Filter AKTIV (andersfarbig) und den Häkchen bei den anderen Filtern.
Meine Vorstellung wäre:

1) Bei AKTIV sollte zusätzlich der Filter angezeigt werden, der hier   gerade angewendet wird.
    Im Prinzip stört er mich aber, weil ich lieber den Filter selbst   auswählen möchte (da weiß ich, was ich habe).

2) Manchmal sind mehrere Häkchen gesetzt, ohne dass man das immer wegen des  kurzen Fensters erkennen kann. Was ist nun
    aktiv? Dann  geht das  Klicken los.
    Wäre es sinnvoll, wenn sich die Häkchen gegenseitig ausblenden würden, sodass immer nur eins vorhanden ist?

3) Könnte das Filter-Fenster auf 10 angezeigte Filter verlängert  werden?     

Im Screencast war zuerst 'Label Grün mit *' in Funktion. Dann wurde 'Label Rot + Grün' benötigt. Diese gefilterte Anzeige erfolgte erst, nachdem ich das Häkchen bei 'Label Grün mit *' entfernt hatte.

Wäre das eine oder andere in Deinem Sinne?
Vielleicht gehst Du aber auch von einer ganz anderen Arbeitsweise aus.

Danke für die Hilfe wegen 'New Topics'. So ist das, wenn ein Englischtext das Denken blockiert.  ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hans-Wolfgang

Gerd

Dear Mario,

let me add here also some points. In the added screenshot you see coloured frames for my notes:

The red one: it's hard to see, which categories are selected between all these + ... can they get a colour or the value of the found files?

The yellow one: can the size jump up to the maximal size, if there is enough room (I posted this also in the other thread about slide-bars)

The green one: can this bar beeing removed? there is only a minimum, what is not visible. Bring the window to it's max. size...

Regards
Gerd

[attachment deleted by admin]
_______
Regards
Gerd

BenAW

@ HaWo
I feel you make the saved filter panel unnecessary complicated and long.
All selections can be done interactive in the "Rating, Label & Collections" Filter.
Just make your selection, select the Filter and select Active.
Now you can change the Labels, star ratings etc. etc.
Imo simpler than saving all combinations as separate filters.

HaWo

@ BenAW

Thank you for your response.
You are right, I understand what you mean. But I would like to make a klick on the filters I need very offen. I knew in any time it will more and more...
Every time create a new selection is versatile, but not fast.

An other problem is, I cannot answer you in correct English.   :'(

Hans-Wolfgang

Mario

1) The Active filter in the list represents the settings you currently see in the filter panel. This allows you to use only these settings, to combine them with filters you have saved earlier or even disable the current settings and use only stored filters.

2) You can apply multiple stored filters at once. This is why you can set multiple checks and why setting one check does not disable other checks.

3) There is already a pending feature request to make the size of the list adjustable.

QuoteIm Screencast war zuerst 'Label Grün mit *' in Funktion. Dann wurde 'Label Rot + Grün' benötigt. Diese gefilterte Anzeige erfolgte erst, nachdem ich das Häkchen bei 'Label Grün mit *' entfernt hatte.

This is correct. You can run the collection filters either in OR, AND or NOT mode (ODER, UND oder Umkehren). When you run the filter in AND mode (the default) and you select two labels, you will never get a result. In AND mode, only files will be returned which have all selected collections ("Show me all files with a red and a green label", and since a file cannot have two labels. So either select only one label or switch to the OR mode - then it means "Show me all files with this or that label".

QuoteThe red one: it's hard to see, which categories are selected between all these + ... can they get a colour or the value of the found files?

I category not selected shows an empty check box. All other check states have a specific meaning (see the help topic). The user interface toolkit I use for IMatch is implemented that way and it's standard under Windows. I don't understand "value of found files"?

QuoteThe yellow one: can the size jump up to the maximal size, if there is enough room (I posted this also in the other thread about slide-bars)

The yellow scroll bar is created by the category tree because it has to scroll to show all categories. The size of the panel is currently fixed, like all other panels. See 3) above. The green scroll bar is shown because the panel does not fit in the width you have sized it to. There are some elements in panels which require a minimum size to show all the text (e.g. check boxes) and when you make your filter panel so small, the text cannot fit. Windows then automatically displays the vertical and horizontal scroll bars (yellow). Just make the filter panel wider. You'll see more and the scroll bars will vanish. If you make the filter panel so small because you have a small monitor, set it to floating. Then you can make it very big and unfold it when needed.

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

Hi Mario,

my monitor has only 24" (1920 x 1200) ...

What do you mean with:"Set it to floating ..."???

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

Panels can be docked to either side, they can be made free floating (movable to any place, even a second monitor). And you can set them to expand/contract automatically (the pin dot in the Panel's caption bar). In this mode the panel automatically hides to a small tab at the side of the IMatch window. And when you click it, it will expand to it's full width.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

HaWo

Hello Mario,

thank you very much for your answer. I have to translate it and than I think about it.

Quote 2 and 3 are not from me.

Quote 3 an information for me, ok - but not the window from filter manager (filter list make longer).

This is my rest from my questions. English is to difficult for my, I'm sorry:

Betrifft nur noch die Häkchen im Filter-Manager. Der AKTIV-Filter ist nun klar.

1) Klickt man erstmalig im Filter-Manager auf einen der Filter,
    erfolgt die Auswertung.

2) Klickt man anschließend auf einen anderen Filter, dann erhält man
    nicht das gewünschte Ergebnis, weil nun 2 Häkchen gesetzt sind und
    die 2 Filter sich gegenseitig beeinflussen.
    Also ein Häkchen wegklicken.

3) Wer will, kann die Filter im Filter-Manager suchen und auswählen. 
     Bei häufigem Filter-Wechsel ist AKTIV nicht immer sinnvoll.
     Ich suche dann den jeweiligen Filter (wird ja sortiert gelistet)
     und klicke ihn an.

Frage     : Wieviel Filter dürfen gleichzeitig ausgewählt werden?
Antwort  : Ein Filter
Vorschlag: Wenn das so ist, müsste beim Setzen eines neuen Häkchens
                 die vorher gesetzten automatisch gelöscht werden. Somit wären alle gelöscht, auch die, die nicht auf Anhieb sichtbar waren 
                 oder einfach vergessen wurden wegzuklicken.

Im Prinzip war das mein gepostetes Anliegen. Der zusätzliche Text sollte nur das Verhalten erklärt, um zu bekräftigen, dass die Häkchen raus müssen. Das Filtern selber (was, wie, womit) ist mir im Prinzip bekannt.

Hans-Wolfgang

Gerd

Hallo Hans-Wolfgang,

das kleine Optionen-Kästchen oben im Filter-Panel "Auto" hast Du schon entdeckt? Damit kannst Du einstellen, ob Filtereinstellungen sofort oder erst bei Klick auf "Filter anwenden" wirksam werden.

Gruß
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd

Mario

QuoteFrage     : Wieviel Filter dürfen gleichzeitig ausgewählt werden?
Antwort  : Ein Filter

Nein, Du kannst beliebig viele Filter gleichzeitig aktivieren. Wenn Du aber Filter aktivierst, die sich gegenseitig ausschließen (z.B. Einen Filter für "nur grüne Labels" und einen für "nur rote Labels") wird das Ergebnis des Filters die leere Menge sein. Wenn Du mehrere gespeicherte Filter anklickst, werden diese immer über UND verknüpft.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

HaWo

@ Gerd
Ja, habe ich schon ausprobiert. Danke für den Hinweis.

@ Mario,
Autsch... . Thank you for this tip.
Please, could you make a button 'alle Häkchen löschen'?
Hans-Wolfgang

Mario

QuotePlease, could you make a button 'alle Häkchen löschen'?

If you think that such a feature would be useful for many users, please add a feature request to the Feature Request board.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator