Need help

Started by petej, June 17, 2014, 12:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petej

I have IMatch 3.6.0.94 and would like to buy IMatch 5.  The upgrade instructions say "If you want to install IMatch 5 on the same computer as IMatch 3, make sure that you have IMatch 3.6.0.118 installed.  You can download this version as usual via the photools.com customerWeb site."   

1st - I'm not sure if I should keep 3.6 but it seems like a good idea!? Any comments?

2nd - If I want to install 5 and keep 3, is it really necessary to have 3.6.0.118 or is .94 OK?

3rd - I cannot find anything on upgrading to 3.6.0.118 on the customer website!

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Mario

2. IMatch 3.6.0.94 is too old. IMatch 5 and IMatch 3 share some components, and it is important that these components have the same version. Hence the requirement to have the most recent version of IMatch 3 installed if you want to keep it on the same machine as IMatch 5.

3. You don't need to upgrade. Just log into the customerWeb and download the most recent 3.6 version (which is the 3.6.0.118). Install as usual. Then you can also install IMatch 5 (Trial or licensed version) on the same computer.

https://secure.photoolsweb.com/customerweb

(The customerWeb has replaced the old download center).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Richard

Another factor to consider is that the IMatch 3.6 to IMatch 5 converter is intended to work with 3.6.0.118

Ferdinand

Richard means the 3.6 to 5 converter

Richard

Thanks for correcting my typo Ferdinand.

petej

Thanks for the comments.  Much appreciated!

When I tried to upgrade to IM 3.6.0.18 before, on the customer web, I incorrectly assumed that the "download this product" link near the bottom of the page, was for IM 5....

I have now downloaded IMatch 3.6.0.18 and am getting ready to buy IM 5.

Thanks for a great product Mario!

Pete