Confused about stacking -- can't unstack files

Started by DavidOfMA, June 20, 2014, 05:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidOfMA

Just started experimenting with stacking. I selected two files in a folder that contains 20 files. One file was a DNG, the other a JPG with the same filename. When I selected Stack Files by pressing Shift-S, all 20 files in the folder were put into one stack. When I try to unstack or to delete the stack, nothing happens -- all 20 files are still in the stack. How can I unstack them?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a newbie question. I'm just getting used to IMatch 5 after using IMatch 3 since 2001.

David

EDIT: Managed to unstack them one at a time, from the Stacks panel, but surely there's an easier way? Also, still unclear on how I can stack only the selected images, not the entire folder's worth.

Mario

When you use the Stack command, IMatch stacks all selected files. The focused file becomes the top. If no focused file is found, the first selected file is stacked.

Can you repeat this? I stacked files in various ways, but IMatch never stacked all files in a folder. The function to stack files only "knows" about the selected files. It does not know about other files in the folder, category or which file window you use for stacking.

To reproduce this I would need the exact steps you are performing.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DavidOfMA

I'll try it again over the weekend and see if I can duplicate the problem.

David