Quick question ...'Categories' panel

Started by minstrel, June 27, 2014, 08:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minstrel

Quick question...

While working within the 'Categories' panel, is there a 'shortcut key' to collapse all the expanded folders/sub folders?

I've a substantial amount of cats and it's becoming increasingly more time consuming to close/collapse each folder individually.

JohnZeman

You can use the standard Windows keyboard shortcuts to do this.

Expanding and Collapsing Folder or Category Trees

NumPad +       Expand the currently selected folder.
NumPad -       Collapse the currently selected folder.

NumPad * Expand the currently selected folder, including all sub-folders, recursively.
Ctrl + NumPad * Collapse all sub-folders of the currently selected folder.

Cursor right Expands the currently selected folder if not expanded, else goes to the first sub-folder.
Cursor left Collapses the currently selected folder if expanded, else goes to the parent.

See the Working with Media & Folders page in help for more information.

Mario

IMatch uses a standard Windows tree control which supports the standard Windows tree control keyboard commands.

I even took the time to document it all for you in the IMatch help:

1. Click in the Category Panel to make it the active window.
2. Press <F1> to open the help.
3. Read the section entitled Useful Keyboard Shortcuts > Expanding and Collapsing

Help is always only a keystroke away.

See also Use the Help effectively
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

minstrel

Now,  two responses; seconds apart!  Thanks!

I'm good with the keyboard commands ... so let me explain what I'm after a little further.

While running a 'search' within the categories panel  the results could open dozens or more individual folders.  Understand I'm literally working with 1,000's of cats. 

What I'm after is a short-cut to collapse all of the open folders to their uppermost parent root simultaneously .  As it stands now they must all be closed individually.

herman

No, they must not.

Go to the @All category (may take a couple of PageUP's depending on the length of your expanded categories list), then hit CTRL+ Numpad * and all categories collapse.
Enjoy!

Herman.

minstrel

Quote from: herman on June 27, 2014, 09:25:39 PM
Go to the @All category (may take a couple of PageUP's depending on the length of your expanded categories list), then hit CTRL+ Numpad * and all categories collapse.

Yes, there it is! 
I was just using 'NumberPad -' at @All

Thanks everyone for helping me sort that out...it works perfectly! 

ps - and I clearly see it now in IMatch Help - "Collapse all children of the currently selected category - CTRL+ Numpad *".  It was there all the time!