Version 5.1.6

Started by sinus, July 07, 2014, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Downloaded, installed and it seems to work fine.

Thanks a lot for your work!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

pmbvw

The same for me. Downloaded and tested. All went smooth. Thanks Mario

Lord_Helmchen

Also for me. No problems so far.

ben

Does it really work for you guys?
I downloaded v5.1.6 yesterday evening (after it was announced here).

The help file states v5.1.6
The about window state v5.1.5. And when i let imatch to search for updates it comes up with 5.1.6

Lord_Helmchen

I've just checked:
  Help / About:
      "IMatch 5.1.6"

Help / Check for Update:
      "Update Check - The installed version of IMatch is up-to-date"
      (same result as from "About")

IMatch Help:
      "IMatch 5.1.6"

So no problem for me.

pmbvw

Yes, V5.1.6 really works and it is a full upgrade version

sinus

Quote from: Lord_Helmchen on July 08, 2014, 08:11:40 AM
I've just checked:
  Help / About:
      "IMatch 5.1.6"

Help / Check for Update:
      "Update Check - The installed version of IMatch is up-to-date"
      (same result as from "About")

IMatch Help:
      "IMatch 5.1.6"

So no problem for me.

Like Lord Helmchen

Everything is ok, as well the variable with the version is ok.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: ben on July 08, 2014, 07:15:19 AM
Does it really work for you guys?
I downloaded v5.1.6 yesterday evening (after it was announced here).

The help file states v5.1.6
The about window state v5.1.5. And when i let imatch to search for updates it comes up with 5.1.6

Odd version numbers indicate a Trial Version. If you see 5.1.5 in the About dialog, you have installed a Trial version.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ben

kirk

Today is a first day Imatch 5 demo ( i gueess I re-installed the current  one) is actually work and doesn't hang in every 10 min on my pc after lots of windows 8 updates.  Usually i don't have my working  pc connected  to keep it out of internet trash .

I  had a rush on my work and not enough time to  learn how to send bug reports   so I  don't know what it was .     But i still have a pretty uncomfortable experience when trying to find something.   Imatch freezes, doesn't show anything for some time, i repeatedly click on X and "names only"  and then suddenly I get what I wanted.      I am still confused and prefer the old way when I saw a progress bar indicating the search is going on.

I can say the old imatch took me quite a while to became accustomed but finally I found my  way ( big thumbnails and no slideshow at all). It works pretty smooth.     Now with Imatch5 I  feel somehow uncomfortable again  due to some micro stuttering  here and there all the time like some heavy video game on an old pc.

ps. one thing that still bothers me is why I can scroll  big thumbnails ( single in the file window)  with mouse wheel  in imatch 3,5 and can't do the same in imatch5  . The scroll works only if at least two of them in the view.

Mario

Hi, Kirk

you are reporting quite a lot of different things. Some sound like a bug report (which should go in the bug report board) and some sound like some minor performance issues. Since you did not include any information about your system, your database (does it have 10,000 files or 200,000)? I cannot comment on these issues.

Please see How to report bugs for information about how to report a problem. The information, e.g. your log file, will be most helpful when analyzing any type of performance issues.

Did you run an Database > Tools > Compact & Optimize recently?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook