Eliminate the display icon for scripts in Favorites panel?

Started by DavidOfMA, July 13, 2014, 04:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidOfMA

Is there any way to eliminate the icon that appears to the left of a script name if I add the script to the Favorites panel? Or to get the script name to wrap? I'm trying to make the panel function similarly to the one-click bar in IMatch 3, and the icon takes up space I'd rather devote to the script name, since it appears that I can't wrap the script name to show on more than one line.

I didn't see anything in the Help on this, and selecting a blank icon still displays a default icon, rather than allowing the space to be used to display the script name.

Thanks,
David

Mario

Text in Favorites does not wrap. If the name is too long for you taste, give the Favorite a shorter name. To remove the icon, set the icon to a blank icon. All this can be done via the properties of the Favorite (right-click > Properties).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DavidOfMA

Hi, Mario. I did try shortening the name, but I was hoping there was a way to free up the space occupied by the icon. Even when I set it to a blank icon, the space normally occupied by the icon still is unavailable for text. It would be nice to simply have a list of names with no icons, when no icon is specified, to maximize the available space for the script name. The same goes for folders and applications.

So, minor feature request: the ability to turn off all icons in the Favorites panel.

Thanks,
David

Mario

Please add a feature request in the feature request board. I don't search the General discussions board for feature requests, and I can only remember so much. There are currently about 150 open feature requests, and I don't think that the ability to hide icons in the Favorites panel is relevant for many users, so don't hold your breath.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

DavidOfMA

Okay, thanks. I'll do that (but won't hold my breath!).