Not possible to clear the metafield 'keywords' (

Started by RainerG, July 14, 2014, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainerG

I write a few keywords. For example: Test, Test 1, Test 2
After ctrl+s and writing the unwritten metadata runs very well, i can see this with exiftoolgui (field --> xmp:subject = Test, Test 1, Test 2).

Then i will delete an keyword. That runs very well.
After ctrl+s and wrinting the unwritten metadata now in the field Keywords: Test, Test 1
with exiftoolgui (field --> xmp:subject = Test, Test 1)
:-)

Delete Test 1
After ctrl+s and writing the unwritten metadata now in the field Keywords: Test
with exiftoolgui (field --> xmp:subject = Test)

Then i delete the last keyword complete: Test
After ctrl+s it looks in the field Keywords very well

then i write the unwritten metadata
and i look to the field keywords and the the last (deleted) keyword is back: Test
I look with ExifToolGui: xmp:subject = Test
NOT ok :-(

What do i wrong? Or is this an bug?

I can not delete the last word/letter in the field Keywords
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

File Format?
It would be helpful to see what IMatch was writing: => ExifTool output panel open, write-back, attach results.

Usually when keywords "re-appear" the problem is that the file has IPTC keywords, but IMatch is not allowed to update the IPTC record. This causes a mismatch between the legacy IPTC data and XMP, which then makes keywords (or other metadata) re-appear after write-back.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

Quote from: Mario on July 14, 2014, 08:00:33 PM
File Format?
All JPGs

It would be helpful to see what IMatch was writing: => ExifTool output panel open, write-back, attach results.
I wrote it: with exiftoolgui (field --> xmp:subject = xxxx

Usually when keywords "re-appear" the problem is that the file has IPTC keywords, but IMatch is not allowed to update the IPTC record. This causes a mismatch between the legacy IPTC data and XMP, which then makes keywords (or other metadata) re-appear after write-back.
There are no IPTC data
with exiftoolgui:
ExifTool executed
No data

The Problem is not write or modify the metadata-field "Keywords" (name of the datafield with metadata "default"-display in imatch). The problem is if i blank/clear the field.

normaly imatch works so:
reading data from db-field keywords
then writing this data in the xmp from the jpg

BUT when i clear/blank the field "keywords" then imatch works different:
reading data from xmp from the jpg
then writing this data in the imatch dbase
(imatch writes in the other/wrong direction)

If i modify the field "keywords" from "Test 1, Test 2" to "Test 1" it works very well. After writing 'unwritten metadata' i can see only "Test 1" with exiftool.

if i modify the field from "Test 1" to "" make ctrl+s and then write unwritten metadata imatch write the data from the JPG to the datafield (thats wrong). Then i look with exiftool in the JPG is still the "Test 1"
But correctly imatch must write "" to the JPG!

RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de