Quick Viewer Sharpening

Started by jelvers, July 15, 2014, 01:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelvers

I understand that quite some comments have been made in the past about sharpening when using the viewer. I personally could not arrive at any improvment in sharpening when I use Full Screen and Fit to Panel Mode (Ctrl 0) by changing the sharpening in the Preferences for the viewer. Ok, I live with it, as in particular the sharpening in the quick viewer is fantastic and I cannot see any real difference when I <Shift Scroll> with the mouse wheel. Looks always great. So for me, actually the Quick Viewer replaces the Viewer. But I am just wondering why is it not possible to apply the sharpening process of the Quick Viewer to the Viewer. Would that solve the "sharpening issues"?

I hope it's not a too stupid question and it hasn't been raised before, but at least I couldn't find it in the forum.

Regards, Juergen  ;)

Mario

Basically, both use the same code internally. Both retrieve the cache image, resize it (or not, when you dive zoom or view at 100%), apply sharpen, color management and then display the result.

I have made a rather major change in the render queue for the 5.1.8 build to get better quality when IMatch has to resample images when reducing size (the typical case for the slide show, viewer, quick view panel, batch processor, ...) and I suggest you retry with this version when it becomes available. The last update was only a week ago, but I plan for updates every 2 to 4 weeks.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

jelvers

Happy to wait for the new release and then give feedback!  :) ;)