How to show all files with a specific metadata value

Started by Schmidtze, July 09, 2013, 07:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmidtze

Hi,

I want to create a category containing all files which do not have a GPS position already. Is this possible perhaps by using a data driven category? Or maybe by using a formula? The same problem for example: How do I create a category containing all files which do not have any keywords by now? Do I have to use something else perhaps instead of categories?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Friedemann

David_H

There's probably more than one way to do it; but you could try creating a data-driven category; select the tag as say XMP::exif\GPSTimeStamp\GPSDateTime\0
Set the 'Trim' option to Yes, the Use 'Other' element to Yes, Name for Other to 'No', Use Part of Value to Yes, and Start and length to 1,2

That should then give you a category with 2 or 3 children (probably 20, No and maybe 19); all the ones without a GPS Timestamp should be in the No category....

David_H

If after doing the above, you change the 'Start and Length' in formatting to 1,3 (from 1,2) and in the Replace and Filter section, a replace mask of ^.*,Yes you'll end up with just two child categories - Yes and No.  :)

BenAW

Quote from: Schmidtze on July 09, 2013, 07:26:10 PM
I want to create a category containing all files which do not have a GPS position already.
Another approach would be to create a Value Filter.
See attached screenshot. If you use the filter often, you can save it. ( I called it "Geotagged")
If you want images without GPS data, just invert the filter.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Schmidtze

David_H and BenAW,

many thanks for your answers!!! Both helped me a lot to learn using IMatch!  :) I think I will use the data driven category, but I also ignored the category filter panel by now...

Best regards
Friedemann

Schmidtze

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pmbvw

BenAW

BenAW

Quote from: David_H on July 09, 2013, 08:08:04 PM
There's probably more than one way to do it; but you could try creating a data-driven category; select the tag as say XMP::exif\GPSTimeStamp\GPSDateTime\0
Using the GPS Timestamp may not give you all geotagged images. The ones tagged with some software need not have that timestamp. Using latitude or longitude is a safer bet imo.

David_H

Quote from: BenAW on July 10, 2013, 02:02:42 PM
Quote from: David_H on July 09, 2013, 08:08:04 PM
Using the GPS Timestamp may not give you all geotagged images. The ones tagged with some software need not have that timestamp. Using latitude or longitude is a safer bet imo.

Quite right - though without the regex in the replace mask, you'll probably end up with a lot of oddly looking named subcategories.  ;D