One pic with error while writing the metadata

Started by RainerG, July 28, 2014, 11:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainerG

After writing unwritten metadata imatch says that metadata of one pic can not written because this pic is protected or not existent. The counter of unwritten metadata ist zero.

Where can i see the name of this pic to look and repair this?
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

cytochrome

When I see this message I go one by one through the thumbs of the selection: when IM says "Updating...." this is it.

In all cases it was not an image but a txt file left over from previous experiments that was blocking the write back.

Francis

Mario

For text files, IMatch can only produce a XMP file (and it does). There should be no blocking or anything, or at least there should be more info displayed in the ExifTool output panel and the log file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

There where more than 5000 unwritten metadatas (deleting all keywords)!! I look at the Log (you mean menu help-->support?).
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

cytochrome

"There should be no blocking or anything,"

Well, since it was a txt file I was not interested...

I said blocked, but this is not exact, sorry. Imatch was not blocked, it simply tried to update continuously  this file whenever the focus was on it.

Francis

Mario

For text files, IMatch just writes XMP files. Why this could block or not work so IMatch has to continuously repeat the process, I cannot say without the log file. I made a quick test and here it works without problems. Text file, edit metadata (rating, label, title, date, description), write-back. XMP file created, data written to it....
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

RainerG

I don't work with XMP-Files!

I think the pic was the deleted one that i found (or better: not found ;-). I take it back from my backup and all is very well :-).
RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de