How to delete @Keywords category?

Started by Carlo Didier, July 29, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Didier

Sounds maybe stupid, but I can't get rid of the @Keywords category (which I don't need or want and that only slows things down when updating).
I can select it and hit the Del button or Ctrl-Del or right-click and select Delete, nothing happens! No error, just nothing at all!

herman

According to the help file the @categories (@All, @Builder and @Keywords) can not be edited or deleted.
Enjoy!

Herman.

Ger

You can't delete it. @Keywords is a special category and these cannot be edited, deleted or moved:

From the help:
QuoteSpecial Categories
IMatch manages a number of special categories as part of your category hierarchy. These categories have special purposes and you cannot edit, delete or move these categories.

Regards,

Ger

Carlo Didier

Ok, then: Can it be disabled?
And: At least an error message should be displayed when you try to delete it.

thrinn

What exactly do you mean with "disable"? It mirrors the keywords in your files. You can of course collapse it,  which might speed up the display of the category tree a little bit. But if you change keywords in your files they will be reimported nevertheless, depending on your settings, of course.
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Carlo Didier

Quote from: thrinn on July 29, 2014, 10:28:11 PM
What exactly do you mean with "disable"? It mirrors the keywords in your files. You can of course collapse it,  which might speed up the display of the category tree a little bit. But if you change keywords in your files they will be reimported nevertheless, depending on your settings, of course.
Disabling it would mean that it's not updated on rescans, etc, thus saving time (after all, it's a data driven category) and making iMatch more responsive. At least, that's the idea.

lenmerkel

@Keywords is a special data-driven category automatically maintained and updated by IMatch. I don't think you can disable it, only collapse it.
Over the hill, and enjoying the glide.

JohnZeman

If you don't use keywords it won't do anything, at least that's my understanding, but since I do use keywords I can't test that to be sure.

Mario

This category cannot be deleted. It is dynamically linked to the keywords in your files. Many features in IMatch depend on @Keywords.

If you think that it's causing performance issues, I would like to see a log file. It's more likely that other data-driven categories cause performance issues when you have too many of them. How many do you have? For which tags, and with which settings? Do you need them all? You can disable automatic update of data-driven categories under Edit > Preferences > Background Processing. See if this makes a change.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

I haven't got much data-driven categories right now. Disabling automatic updates is a good idea. I can easily trigger an update when I need the information.
Thanks!

Mario

IMatch by default and for demonstration purposes, creates a set of data-driven categories (marked in orange). If you don't use these, delete them.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Carlo Didier

Quote from: Mario on July 30, 2014, 01:47:05 PM
IMatch by default and for demonstration purposes, creates a set of data-driven categories (marked in orange). If you don't use these, delete them.
Already done.

Mario

Log file in debug mode please so I can see how long IMatch needs to recalculate @Keywords on your system.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator