IDEAS for IM-hints?

Started by sinus, July 30, 2014, 11:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi
Because IM5 is (still) new and not fully familiar, I try to do my workflow step by step.
Instead cluttering my monitor with sheets  ;) I had the idea, why not use IM for this?

So I wrote some "instructions" in the IM-plate (attachement), but this give me not a lot of possibilities (for example line-break?) and maybe it is not very clever; though it is always visible.

Has anybody some clever idea, where we could put some informations, and these should be always visible or at least should be visible by a simply click.

My brain is empty, almost, but maybe someone has a great idea!?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

App Panel?
You can have open up to four App Panels at a time, and writing a HTML document and display it in the App Panel gives you all the formatting you want.

Tip: Use <Ctrl>+<Enter> to add a new line to the ID plate (it says so in the help).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on July 30, 2014, 12:04:48 PM
App Panel?
You can have open up to four App Panels at a time, and writing a HTML document and display it in the App Panel gives you all the formatting you want.

Tip: Use <Ctrl>+<Enter> to add a new line to the ID plate (it says so in the help).

AH!!! Of course, thanks a lot, Mario, I wrote, my brain is empty ;) APP, that's it!

BTW: I checked the help, it is not written about the new line (I rechecked now), that is why I tried a "line break" but without success, I had not the idea with Ctrl Enter  :-[

You have solve my "problem" with one post ... exept another user has a even better idea!  ;D
Markus

Ger

Maybe not a better idea, but you could set up a favorite to open an application (e.g. plain text editor, word, excel, ...) with your own instructions.

Ger

sinus

Quote from: Ger on July 30, 2014, 12:17:38 PM
Maybe not a better idea, but you could set up a favorite to open an application (e.g. plain text editor, word, excel, ...) with your own instructions.

Ger

Thanks, Ger, also a good idea, in fact I have a word-doc with "instructions", but setting it in the favourites ... tsss, good idea.  :)
Markus

P.Jones

Quote from: sinus on July 30, 2014, 12:15:14 PM
Quote from: Mario on July 30, 2014, 12:04:48 PM
App Panel?

BTW: I checked the help, it is not written about the new line (I rechecked now), that is why I tried a "line break" but without success, I had not the idea with Ctrl Enter  :-[

You have solve my "problem" with one post ... exept another user has a even better idea!  ;D

When you click on the panel to enter some text , a message at the bottom of the ID Plate box pops up the message about Ctrl+Enter.

sinus

Quote from: P.Jones on July 30, 2014, 01:37:13 PM
When you click on the panel to enter some text , a message at the bottom of the ID Plate box pops up the message about Ctrl+Enter.

Great, thanks, now I have seen this.
Markus