How to delete Underscore '_' with Renamer?

Started by grauschaf, August 11, 2014, 09:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grauschaf

I want to rename files by adding text, Global Sequence Number and a variable. The value of the variable contains underscores and I want to delete or replace them. But only underscores outside this value are changed, the value of the variable stays unchanged.
Isn't it possible to change/delete underscores in values of variables?
Below there is a screenshot of my preset.

[attachment deleted by admin]

sinus

I am not totally sure, but I think, you could format the variable, so that the variable returns no underscore.
I am not on my main-computer, but I think, formating the variables is in the help.

I have no other idea just now.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Use a variable formatting function, e.g. replace
See the Variables help topic for a list of all formatting functions available.

I found the source of your problem. You are using a date and time, and the time will be formatted using : . e.g 12:00:00.
Since : is invalid in a file name, IMatch replaces : with _ to ensure the file name is valid.
Hence you need to add a Replace step for : and not for _

Better: Format the date and time variable you use to use a format that does not use : first hand. Please see the format formatting function in the Variables help.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

grauschaf

Hi Mario, hi Sinus
Thank you for your help. Formatting the variable in the renamer settings is perfect for me.
IM5 is like a "Wundertüte" (grab bag?) for me - every day enjoyable surprises  :D