Image in viewer pending and currently being processed

Started by Wolfgang, August 17, 2014, 06:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfgang

The first question from me - living since 20 years in Canada, taking definitively too many images (for interested - in German  : http://sz-magazin.sueddeutsche.de/texte/anzeigen/42085/Ein-Bild-sagt-mehr-als-tausend-Bilder ), no real intention to take less,  working since many years with Imatch. Very satisfied with the product and its options !

My question: I selected a categorie with many images offline on an external drive, not connected.  Each image is cached. In the File Window I can see all images selected, the offline ones marked with the small yellow triangle and greyed out (in Thumbs only or Thumbs small Layouts also with the blue icon on top - see below). 
When I move arround with the mouse, space bar pressed, I can rapidly see all pictures in good size in the Quick View Panel and not greyed out. When I select the Viewer, I can still see all images on the film strip panel. But when an offline image is selected, it shows in the main display (I tried different View Modes) greyed and with a large blue icon on top - according to the Help on "The File Window: Manipulating Collections" this means "File is pending and currently being processed". Switching to the Slideshow mode displays the images (cached) without any overlay and without any delay between images.  I tried with only two offline pictures in the viewer, but even after several minutes no change. I do not have the impression, that IMatch or the computer (Laptop, Windows 7) are working to process anything (on other occasions I can hear when I move in the Viewer from large file to another in a large collection). Is there an easy way to get rid of this blue  icon and the grey "overlay" on these offline images in the Viewer ? Why is the image still "currently being processed) ? In the viewer I wanted to select different images (for attributing categories, labels or bookmarks), but can't see the (cached) image without this grey overlay and the large icon.
Thanks for any advice.

cytochrome

No advice on your problem, but I liked your (is it yours?) paper in the Sueddeutche...

Francis

Wolfgang

I will wait if an advice will come. For the moment I manually rescan the complete archive, which takes some time with around 90000 images to scan. So I hope the status "pending and currently processed" which would not prevent to show the available image in the Viewer, can be temporarily or permanently be deactivated.
Sorry for any confusion, the article is not from me, I found it on the Süddeutsche Zeitung, which I read on the iPad.