Green pin in the viewer is slow

Started by sinus, August 26, 2014, 09:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

If I look some images with the viewer, I can put collection by the keyboard.
While dots (d) are very quickly and the red and blue pin (r and e) are also very quickly, the green pin is remarkable slower, when I click on g.

This is the case with put the green pin on or off.
I tried this with 3 and 6 images. With the mouse all is fine, but the green pin is simply too slow with the key g.

Maybe the green pin makes an extra round somewhere inside IMatch ;)
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

ubacher

I figured it out: If you press G Imatch will wait to see if you press G soon again which is the toggle for the
grid display.

G G:   toggle grid display
G Pause : set Green pin.

sinus

Quote from: ubacher on August 27, 2014, 07:59:14 AM
I figured it out: If you press G Imatch will wait to see if you press G soon again which is the toggle for the
grid display.

G G:   toggle grid display
G Pause : set Green pin.

Oh, Ubacher, thanks! So this is by design.
That is good to know, because in this case, for me, I know, that I cannot use the green pin for a quick selection of an image. I had this in mind, for culling in the viewer.

But in this case I will use another pin-color.
Markus

Mario

We could change the keyboard shortcut for the grid, but how many users will then complain? Since these keyboard shortcuts are in place for almost two years and so far nobody seems to notice then setting a green dot takes 1 second longer than setting a red or blue dot, I consider this as negligible.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on August 27, 2014, 03:55:20 PM
We could change the keyboard shortcut for the grid, but how many users will then complain? Since these keyboard shortcuts are in place for almost two years and so far nobody seems to notice then setting a green dot takes 1 second longer than setting a red or blue dot, I consider this as negligible.

This is ok for me. I simply choosed a red instead a green dot  8)
Markus