Display number of assigned @Keywords on thumbnails

Started by pajaro, August 28, 2014, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajaro

I wonder if there is a way how to display on thumbnails the number of @Keywords assigned to images (see example of a thumbnail in IDImager). Or at least some indication that @Keywords were/were not assigned (e.g. YES, meaning that at least one @Keyword was assigned). I know that all assigned @Keywords can be displayed but it is not practical - with 8+ @Keywords per image they will not fit the thumbnail. I tried with Edit Layouts but was not successful... Thanks for any help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

There is feature which counts the number of keywords and then displays the number in the thumbnail.
This may cause performance issues when users work with file windows displaying hundreds or even thousands or tens of thousands of files...
If you need a feature like this, and none of the other displays already available is working for you, add a feature request.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on August 28, 2014, 08:11:50 PM
There is feature which counts the number of keywords and then displays the number in the thumbnail.
This may cause performance issues when users work with file windows displaying hundreds or even thousands or tens of thousands of files...
If you need a feature like this, and none of the other displays already available is working for you, add a feature request.

Thanks, I have just added the feature request.

ChrisMatch

Hi

Maybe you're already aware of this possibility but...

If you want to see whether Keywords have already been assigned
you could color-code your Keywords and display them in the thumbnail panel as a "Category Bar".

[attachment deleted by admin]

pajaro

Quote from: ChrisMatch on August 29, 2014, 09:45:19 AM
Hi

Maybe you're already aware of this possibility but...

If you want to see whether Keywords have already been assigned
you could color-code your Keywords and display them in the thumbnail panel as a "Category Bar".

Thanks, I was not aware of that. I will give it a try, but this: https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=3245.0 is actually what i was looking for  :).

Mario

Color-coding is a bug workflow improvement. If you color-code your keywords properly, you cannot only use them in the file window category bar, but also see the colors in the Keyword Panel. Many of the pro users utilize this to see if keywords from all relevant 'sections' have been assigned. It's easy to see, if a color is missing...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on August 29, 2014, 02:15:18 PM
Color-coding is a bug workflow improvement. If you color-code your keywords properly, you cannot only use them in the file window category bar, but also see the colors in the Keyword Panel. Many of the pro users utilize this to see if keywords from all relevant 'sections' have been assigned. It's easy to see, if a color is missing...

Thanks for pointing this out, it's a very nice feature :). I am so glad that I moved from IDI - IMatch is so powerful...

Mario

Quote from: pajaro on August 29, 2014, 08:43:18 PM
Thanks for pointing this out, it's a very nice feature :). I am so glad that I moved from IDI - IMatch is so powerful...

Good to hear that you are satisfied. Help spread the word about IMatch! I need to overcome the 120 million US$ per year advertisement budget and marketing blizzard of Adobe (and others), and I rely on word of mouth mostly. Satisfied customers are the best advertisement  :)
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

pajaro

Quote from: Mario on August 30, 2014, 07:46:22 AM

Good to hear that you are satisfied. Help spread the word about IMatch!

Doing my best  :)

I need to overcome the 120 million US$ per year advertisement budget and marketing blizzard of Adobe (and others), and I rely on word of mouth mostly. Satisfied customers are the best advertisement  :)

They may spend a lot of money but your support is the best! Seriously, I can't understand how you can manage to respond so quickly to all the questions and requests you get from us users. IDI support was good in the old days but yours is way better.

And as for IMatch: I am still learning and sometimes struggle with features that had worked differently in IDI but the more I use IMatch, the more I like it. It's a completely different experience - and much, much better.