what about IMSave4Web?

Started by bnewman, August 29, 2014, 07:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnewman

IMatch3 had this really wonderful class called IMSave4Web. I created a script that used this class to build thumbnails and images used in my site. Does it exist in IMatch5, and if not, what replaced it? Please, let me hope that something replaced it!

Mario

There are dozens of free and very powerful tools around which allow you to publish images on web sites or to maintain online galleries. In addition to free/paid services like Flickr, smugmug, pbase, Picasa, Facebook, Google+ and many more.

Usually you can just drag and drop images from IMatch to the corresponding web site or application to produce your gallery. I did not see any sense in producing a script which does 10% of what these tools already do. And doing it 'right' would require several weeks of work, and I'm sure that my time is better spent with other IMatch 5 features.

I have a small script which produces the required input for SimpleViewer and I may include that in one of the future releases. But for most tools, a simple drag and drop from IMatch is all you need.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Ferdinand

IMatch 3.6 had two image manipulation classes - IMSave4Web, which had limited options but was able to do profile conversions (to sRGB), and  IMBitmap, which could do a lot, but not profile conversions.

IMatch 5 has the IMImage class.  My impression is that it can do anything the older classes could, plus more.  I don't think it would be all that difficult to convert scripts to use IMImage, if you wanted to continue to do this sort of manipulation in a script.