Finally upgraded and love it!

Started by Canay, September 09, 2014, 07:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canay

I know I'm late to the party. I had originally downloaded the beta version but a family emergency prevented me from participating. I now have two databases set up in version 5.  One is a database for my photos. All just personal, I am not a professional photographer. Another database for digital scrapbooking supplies. Jpeg, png, psd, and pdf files. It has been a struggle for me but I took Mario's words to heart and went to the help files for answers. When I couldn't find the answer I searched the forum and found that my answer was indeed in the help file, I just needed a little direction on where to look. So yes, the answers are there. Although I have to say sometimes it is easier just to ask. But the learning is deeper when we find the answers ourselves. Thank you Mario for your gentle encouragement to check the help files first.

I was pretty hesitant to upgrade because people my age 50+ are sometimes hesitant to learn new things. I was comfortable with the old version and learning something new can take time and mental resources that are scarce Sometimes it is so much easier to stay with what you know. But wow, I am so glad I did the upgrade. Version 5 is lightening fast and I love so many of the new features. It has made working with my database much more efficient. Great job on the new version.

Richard

QuoteBut the learning is deeper when we find the answers ourselves.

How true. I also find it more satisfying.

Mario

-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook