hierarchical keyword propagation

Started by Joe Austin, October 28, 2014, 09:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Austin

I was just doing some experimenting and noticed that, when propagating keywords from a master to a version, a keyword in the master like:

one|two|three

propagates to the versions as:

one
one|two
one|two|three

is that intended?

ubacher

Check your settings under EDIT->Preferences -> Metadata
There look at Keyword Import and Keyword Export settings

Ferdinand

Works as intended here.  I agree that there's probably something odd in your settings.

joel23

Quote from: Joe Austin on October 28, 2014, 09:10:08 PM
I was just doing some experimenting and noticed that, when propagating keywords from a master to a version, a keyword in the master like:

one|two|three

propagates to the versions as:

one
one|two
one|two|three

is that intended?
I just saw this today. What is your propagation rule?
I have the same problem, but only when "XMP without LR/Camera Raw data" is used. "XMP without CR data" works as intended. Just submitted a bug report about this.

regards,
Joerg

cytochrome

This is one more example of how complex the interaction of settings  can be.

Here it works (NEF to JPG) with in Metadata2 checked: Cats, xmp without LR/CR, Classic IPTC data, Exif without orientation.

Writing is allowed for exif, iptc, and creation of IPTC/EXIF/GPS

In Metadata Writing hierachical Keywords is unchecked since I only want the leaf of keywords.

So why does it work (only propagating leaf) leaf with these settings while xmp without LR/CR data ? because it goes over iptc? (keyword leafs are present in the iptc:keyword tag)

Francis

Joe Austin

Quote from: joel23 on November 02, 2014, 11:51:56 AM
I just saw this today. What is your propagation rule?
I have the same problem, but only when "XMP without LR/Camera Raw data" is used. "XMP without CR data" works as intended. Just submitted a bug report about this.

My propagation rule us "XMP without Camera Raw data".

cytochrome

If you want only "three" try to uncheck "Writing hierachical Keywords" in Preferences>Metadata

Francis

joel23

Quote from: cytochrome on November 02, 2014, 03:03:30 PM
This is one more example of how complex the interaction of settings  can be.
This is an example of human error. :-[

I am sorry, the results of my problem looks the same, but is related to synonyms.
Mea culpa...
regards,
Joerg