Hierarchical Keywords into flat Keywords

Started by sinus, October 29, 2014, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi,
I have read quite a lot about xmp-metadata and hierachical subject and flatening keywords.

I have quite a lot of images, what have in IM5 keywords like this:

44-Landschaften|Natur
44-Landschaften|Landschaften

But I want get rid of them, I want only have

44-Landschaften
Natur
Landschaften

as simple keywords.
Now I have tried several things, but I cannot get rid of them.
I can do, that in the keyword-panel they do go away (for example by simply delete them), but after one or several clicks on the pencil (write-back), these unwanted keywords are back again.

I know, this is a complicted and messy thing. But maybe one of you has exactly the same problem and could solve it.
Mario has once added the red arrow in the keyword-panle, but it works not for me.

You can see, what I mean, in the attachement.
I did also an exiftool-run, you can see a part also in the attachement and the whole output is this here:

[IPTC]          Keywords                        : 01-alle-Jahreszeiten, 01-Herbst, 02-ohne-Personen, 07-Aussenaufnahme, 12-Postkartenbild, 15-Schweiz, 16-Kanton-Solothurn, 44-Berge, 44-Landschaften, 44-Umwelt, 44-Wald, aussen, Aussenaufnahme, Berg, Berge, draussen, Herbst, Hügel, Juragebirge, Kanton Solothurn, Kantone, Landschaften, Natur, Postkartenbilder, Schweiz, sinusfoto, Switzerland, Umwelt, Waelder, Wald, Wälder

Here is everything, like it should be. So a reload of the Metadatas should work, but I am not able to find the correct properties. I feel really stupid, but I simply cannot manage it.  :-\ :-[ :-[

Maybe someone has a solution?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

joel23

Hi Markus,
it seems to me that you once have defined "Landschaften" and "Natur" as synonyms for "44-Landschaften" (Orange) AND a hierarchy like "44-Landschaften", "44-Landschaften|Landschaften" and "44-Landschaften|Natur"

Aside having

@Keywords
|_ 44-Landschaften
|    |_Landschaften
|    |_Natur
|

in the Category View, you IMHO should see something like
@Keywords
|_44-Landschaften
|  |_Landschaften
|  |_Natur

|_Landschaften
|_Natur
?
Analogue to the attached image: "1", "1|12" and "1|12|123" as hierarchy, and "12" and "123" as synonyms for "1"

So what to do IMHO depends here. Delete the keywords in the Category View and keep the synonyms and you will get
@Keywords
|_44-Landschaften
|_Landschaften
|_Natur
and you're rid of the hierarchy.

But this might not what you want. Guess you're using "44-Landschaften" for a reason as a "SubRoot-Keyword-Category"  for "Sub-Keyword-Cetegories"?

regards,
Joerg

sinus

Quote from: joel23 on October 29, 2014, 01:16:43 PM
Hi Markus,
it seems to me that you once have defined "Landschaften" and "Natur" as synonyms for "44-Landschaften" (Orange) AND a hierarchy like "44-Landschaften", "44-Landschaften|Landschaften" and "44-Landschaften|Natur"

Thanks, Joerg,
you are watching exactly ;) ... you were right, I have created them in IM3 as synonmys and did an export-import from the categories.
In IM5 I did nothing change, I guess, somehow during the importing this happend. Don't ask why  ::)

Quote from: joel23 on October 29, 2014, 01:16:43 PM
Aside having

in the Category View, you IMHO should see something like
@Keywords
|_44-Landschaften
|  |_Landschaften
|  |_Natur

|_Landschaften
|_Natur
?
Analogue to the attached image: "1", "1|12" and "1|12|123" as hierarchy, and "12" and "123" as synonyms for "1"

That is correct, you are right.
I have now delete in the Cat-view both synonms (Landschaften / Natur) and that is fine now.
I have the correct metas in the keyword-Panel.

BUT I tried this with other images, if I do write them back, the hierachical keywords will come back. Hmmmm, wait, I will copy the image and try it ...  :D

Markus

sinus

Yep, they are back  :-\

I made a copy from the image, the metas appeared fine in the keyword-panel.

I had to click 3 times on the pencil, then the penicil was away.

But after looking at the keyword-Panel, they are again back. See attachement.

So it seems to be, that I have some wrong preferences for import the metas, because ExifTool showed the exif correct.

Ahhhh, these Metas ... I can understand Mario, I have only my mess, he has a lot of mess from users  8)

Markus

joel23

Feel I need to ask: is it that you don't want hierarchical keywords at all or that you don't want to see them in the keywords panel?
regards,
Joerg

sinus

Quote from: joel23 on October 29, 2014, 02:15:47 PM
Feel I need to ask: is it that you don't want hierarchical keywords at all or that you don't want to see them in the keywords panel?

I do not want hierachicel keyword, I must not have them.
The only thing, what I like to do is in the Thesaurus in the keyword-panel.

See my attachement.
There I can click on 13, then I see on the right the different keywords, like

13-Begeisterung
13-Besinnliches
13-Bewunderung

And if I click (choose) for example 13-Bewunderung, than I see in the synonym-field

positiv
13-Bildgefühl-positiv
Bewunderung
bewundern

And these have been in IM3 all simply simple keywords. And that is all what I want to have also in IM5.
Also in the categories I have then only single keywords.

Markus

joel23

You images don't have XMP and EXIF, only IPTC?  (I just wonder)

To explain also for the other readers in here, why hierarchical keywords come in again: your images have supplemental categories, which hold some hierarchical keywords (with dot "." as separator). Uncheck the related box in the metadata settings and/or delete sup. cats from IPTC.

regards,
Joerg

sinus

Quote from: joel23 on October 29, 2014, 03:14:00 PM
You images don't have XMP and EXIF, only IPTC?  (I just wonder)

To explain also for the other readers in here, why hierarchical keywords come in again: your images have supplemental categories, which hold some hierarchical keywords (with dot "." as separator). Uncheck the related box in the metadata settings and/or delete sup. cats from IPTC.

Thanks a lot, Joerg, you made my day! :D

Grrr, of course the supplemental categories, we used them here a while, and during the import I had thought at this.
So I will go ahead and elimintate these stuff.

Markus