Duplicate my database? Help file not clear.

Started by stonecherub, October 29, 2014, 11:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonecherub

Because I manage a website, I have two sets of images; originals and website images. I want to ingest the folders with my sized and edited website images (stored in a structure that duplicates the remotely hosted site) so I can treat them as versions of the originals to see if I can manage them better.

Duplicating the database will preserve what works now against a potential disaster should this not work.

Unfortunately, the help file is less than helpful telling me to "change the unique id" but not where or how, and suggesting that other files need to be duplicated such as the settings database.

This may be more damned trouble than its worth.

joel23

Not quite sure what you are trying to achieve and why you want change DBs ID, but you can do it via Preferences -> Database -> Change Database ID.
regards,
Joerg

stonecherub

According to what I read, two databases with the same id will share resources and cause problems.

Because I want everything to work the same way, I do not wish to change the settings database.

Mario

If you have feedback about a help page, please use the feedback link at he bottom of each help page to send me an email. I cannot enhance the help topic you mention because I don't know to which topic you refer to. There are hundreds of pages in the help...
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook