Color coding Uncategorized files - workaround?

Started by Aubrey, January 10, 2015, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

I cannot see how to color code the category "uncategorized files".

There are many files which have not been assigned a category. I do go through some of these using the unassigned category tab, but this is rather boring!

It would be nice if one was in a folder and can easily identify files which have not been assigned; this could best be done by having a colored bar appear beneath a file that has not been assigned a category.

Thoughts of workaround?

Thanks,
Aubrey.

ubacher

I just use a filter to display unassigned files in the current folder.

(If I would like to see these files among the other I would just assign them a LABEL - which makes them stand out
quite nicely. When done I remove all labels of this colour)

JohnZeman

I created my own custom Uncategorized Files set of categories.  First I created a regular color coded category called Category Checker then under that are several subcategories, each with a specific formula to identify not only files that haven't been categorized, it shows me the categories I need to assign those files to.

Normally I keep the parent color coded category closed so all I have to do is to glance at it to know if I have one or more files lacking category assignments.

Don't confused the last category "Uncategorized Files" in my screenshot as being the same Uncategorized Files category you're referring to, I just gave it the same name but it has a totally different formula.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nytewulf

Quote from: Aubrey on January 10, 2015, 09:11:32 AM
I cannot see how to color code the category "uncategorized files".

There are many files which have not been assigned a category. I do go through some of these using the unassigned category tab, but this is rather boring!

It would be nice if one was in a folder and can easily identify files which have not been assigned; this could best be done by having a colored bar appear beneath a file that has not been assigned a category.

You might want repost this as a feature request.

John

Mario

IMatch does not support color-coding for formula-based categories for performance reasons.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook