Color coding order

Started by scottstone, January 15, 2015, 11:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottstone

Does anyone know how iMatch determines the color-coding order (the colored category bars) you see on thumbnails in the File Window?  I would expect the category colors to be in the same order as the categories in the Category View; that is, the colors (on the thumbnails) would go from left to right in the same order as the categories in the Category View go from top to bottom, but that does not seem to be the case.

In the example I've attached you can see that the order of the "colored" categories is green, purple, red, but the order on the thumbnail is purple, red, green. 

Is there any way to change this... so that both views follow the same order?
Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JohnZeman

My file window category color bars are in the same order as the colored categories in my category view but then I only sort my categories alphabetically.  It appears that you are using a different sort for your category view.  Should thumbnail category color bars be arranged in the same order as the category view sort?  I don't know the answer to that but I bet a certain someone knows.  ;)

Nytewulf

sinus

Quote from: JohnZeman on January 16, 2015, 12:06:29 AM
My file window category color bars are in the same order as the colored categories in my category view but then I only sort my categories alphabetically.

Here too. I personally did never changed the category sort by something else as default. I ordered them always alphabetical, and used letters for this (since IM3):

a zumba
b apple
c Los Angeropowskoloyskayowitschkinsky
:D

and it works.
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

In order to produce a reliable and reproducible order for the category colors int he file window color bar, IMatch first determines the colors to use, and then sorts these alphabetically by the full category path.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook