External Editor

Started by GTnH, March 11, 2015, 10:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTnH

Is there a way to open an external editor to edit the currently focused thumbnail?  The older version of iMatch allowed this and did not depend on the Windows default program.  For example, to view any photo in Windows I use Irfanview which is fast for viewing and is set up in Windows as a default.  But when I want to edit a photo I use Photoshop or Project Director.  I can't find a way to open the photo in either of the editors directly from iMatch.  Am I missing something?

DigPeter

Use Favourites, as explained in Help

Mario

Favorites are your friend.
Favorites allow you to open selected files in external applications, to run scripts, assign categories, copy files, ...
You can manage as many Favorites as you wish, arrange them in various ways, assign keyboard shortcuts to them etc.

If you recently migrated from IMatch 3, I suggest you read the For IMatch 3 Users help topic (right on the Welcome page of the IMatch help). This topic explains how user tools are now managed as Favorites, and other things IMatch 3 users need to know:

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

GTnH

Thanks - I had missed that somewhere along the way and searching help didn't find this.  Works great.

Mario

Quote from: GTnH on March 12, 2015, 09:05:20 PM
Thanks - I had missed that somewhere along the way and searching help didn't find this.  Works great.
Which search term did you use?

I explicitly added user tool as a keyword to the Favorites topic and I can find the info by searching the index for user and then clicking on Tool in the result list. There are also about 20 other keywords associated with Favorites. If you tell me what you used for your search, I might add some more.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook