Workspace Management

Started by hro, March 13, 2015, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hro

Question: Where can you see which workspace you are currently in? Can't see anything explained in the help.
Thanks.

thrinn

You are not "in" a specific workspace anymore. You always work in the "Active" workspace. Loading a workspace copies the settings to the active workspace, so after that the active workspace looks exactly like your saved workspace. But you are always "in" the active workspace - therefore displaying a workspace name makes no sense.
There was a major change in workspace handling some version ago. Before, you switched to a saved workspace und were working "in" that afterwards. And the workspace your were in was displayed in the title line. But IMatch works differently now (Mario reacted on a couple of user whishes in this area, I may say).

Regards,
Thorsten
Thorsten
Win 10 / 64, IMatch 2018, IMA

Nytewulf

The loaded workspace can be displayed by configuring Preferences > ID Plate.  Just add {Application.Workspace.Name} to any text field.

For example, my right panel text field is:
John A. Youril
{Application.Workspace.Name}

Mario

See the release notes of build 5.3.2 in the IMatch help for details about the changed workspace behavior.
This version was released on January 6.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hro

Thanks guys for your comments and suggestions.
I re-read the help and 5.3.2 release notes and think I understand the concepts and the changes in 5.3.2 and I like the way it works now.

My question was probably inaccurate, I  should have asked "Where can you see which workspace settings file you loaded the settings from".

Thanks Nytewulf for your suggestion of displaying that info in the ID plate. That certainly works but I don't like to "waste" my screen real estate with this big banner.

Regards.
Hartmut

Mario

Quote"Where can you see which workspace settings file you loaded the settings from".

The active workspace has no name. Or it would always be 'Active'. If you really need to display the name of the workspace last loaded into the active workspace and you cannot tell from just looking at the screen, see the tips provided in your feature request. The variable still works, but rather by accident than by intention.

QuoteThat certainly works but I don't like to "waste" my screen real estate with this big banner.

The ID plate is completely customizable. You can just a height which only allows for one row of text. The big default id plate with the fake studio logo is just an example.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

hro

"The ID plate is completely customizable. You can just a height which only allows for one row of text. The big default id plate with the fake studio logo is just an example."

Your are right Mario. That's what I'll do.
Thanks for your advice.