Metadata change with update

Started by Clayton, March 28, 2015, 09:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clayton

I recently updated my version of Imatch from 5.3.6 to 5.3.14 and it changed all the metadata columns for my photos.  I was wondering if there was a way to restore my version that had all my metadata.  Also, my boss told me there was a table in the background of Imatch that is like an excel sheet with all the information for my photos and the metadata.  I hope that makes sense.  Thanks for the help.

JohnZeman

The way you worded your post I'm not sure if you mean the metadata panel or the file window.  If it's the metadata panel you shouldn't have lost anything doing the upgrade unless you had to rebuild your preferences in the process.  To change from one metadata panel layout to a different one click the icon at the top as indicated in the first screen shot.  If you had to rebuild your preferences during the upgrade for some reason then you'll need to start from scratch or import your saved panel layouts.

I'm guessing your boss was referring to the "Browser" metadata layout as that one contains all metadata for the selected photo.

One the other hand if you meant the file window metadata then to change that you need to click the icon at the top of the file window that allows you to edit or change the current layout (screenshot 2).

And if you meant something else entirely then please rephrase your question so we can understand exactly what you are trying to do.

[attachment deleted by admin]