M&F panel: Prev and Next folder icon: Want a TOGGLE folder icon also

Started by ubacher, April 09, 2015, 03:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I am talking here about the folder history on the the top line of the M&F panel. (The rightmost two icons)

I tried to figure out how this history list works:
The history list just puts each folder on the history list as soon as it is visited
(unless it exists already on the list).

The PREV and NEXT keys just move up and down that list.
I find these keys useless since it requires me to keep the list in my head to know
where these keys will get me to.

The pulldown history is OK to use.

I propose a TOGGLE folder key which will gets me to the folder I was on previously.
Pressing toggle repeatedly will let me flip between two folders.
(Functionality familiar to everyone who uses a TV remote control - to switch to the previous channel.)

Mario

Click two folders: A, B
While you are on B, click the back button. You go back to A.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

ubacher

See  screen shot.
Folder TEST with subfolders A,B,C

I am at TEST, I clear history.
I go (click on)A then B then C.
I then click on A: previous should be C - but it is not. I beeps: there is no previous folder.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

A -> B -> C should be shown in the history when you are on C.
Now you manually, without using the history, go back to A. A is still at the top of the history, so there is no back.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Erik

Quote from: ubacher on April 09, 2015, 03:13:57 AM

I propose a TOGGLE folder key which will gets me to the folder I was on previously.
Pressing toggle repeatedly will let me flip between two folders.
(Functionality familiar to everyone who uses a TV remote control - to switch to the previous channel.)

Isn't that what the Page Up and Down keys do?  They let you toggle back and forth between two spots in a history.  This is consistent with the way Web-Browsers and even the Windows File Explorer work.