Protect also Metadata - text?

Started by sinus, May 01, 2015, 09:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinus

Hi Mario

Your new solution to hide protected files is very good for me.
It does, what I need!

I have a small question. The image itself will be hidden with a shield.

But the text for this file is still viewable.
Now, I can simply click the apps or Metadata-panel away.

This is also enough good.

But depending on the File Window - layout, some text like headline or description is still under each (protected) file.
Well, it is not that very important to hide this text too, but it would be cool.

Do you think, I could combine a variable from the protected file, to hide for example the headline under a thumb?
I did not try it, to be honest, but I am afraid, I could struggle or - it is simply not possible.

And yes, Mario ... I can remember saying you "users want allways more ..." - true, true!  ;D
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I knew this would coming...

As I explained before starting to develop this feature, it is not a security feature, it's not to hide metadata or anything else.
The sole purpose of protecting a file is display the visual only when explicitly enabled. It does not hide the metadata in the file window, nor in the App panel, nor in the Metadata or Keyword panels, the file window tip, the text overlays in the Viewer or the Slide show.

If you need all that, why don't you just filter out all protected files? Just one mouse click.

You can also customize your file window layout to display "Pech gehabt" when the variable {File.Protected) is "Yes" and {Application.ProtectedFiles.Visible} is "No".
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on May 01, 2015, 02:24:19 PM
I knew this would coming...
I knew it also  ;D

You can also customize your file window layout to display "Pech gehabt" when the variable {File.Protected) is "Yes" and {Application.ProtectedFiles.Visible} is "No".

Perfect for me!!!
I will try so. All what I wanted. Thanks a lot!
Markus

sinus

Mario, I tried it in the File Windows Layout, something like this works perfect:

{File.Protected|cast:int;is:0,{File.MD.XMP::photoshop\Headline\Headline\0};is:1,geschützt!} 

Really great! Thanks for this again!  :D

Markus

sinus

And here ist for these users, who are interested, an attachement, where I show, how I have protected my thumbs.

Sure it is not a real strong protection. But as Mario pointed out somewhere, I think also, that this protecion here is for most users enough good, at least for me  ;D

Note the "Geschütztes Kundenbild", if it is not protected, then here comes headline, city and description (a bit formated variables are in my post above this).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Markus

Mario

This works great. But would a global "always on" filter which hides all files in the "Geschütztes Kundenbild" category unless you explicitly disable the filter work as well?
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

Quote from: Mario on May 05, 2015, 08:26:18 PM
This works great. But would a global "always on" filter which hides all files in the "Geschütztes Kundenbild" category unless you explicitly disable the filter work as well?

To be honest, Mario, I do not really understand, what you wrote.

I have not a category for protected files. Spread over my db in different folders I have images, what I want protect.
Most important is, that the thumbs are not visible. This is the case now, cool.

Second important is that I can hide the headline and the description of the file, both are in my case under each thumb.
The first line from the footer is the headline, the second the description.

This means, if the image is protected, instead headline will be displayed "Geschütztes"
and for the description "Kundenbild".

This works really great, simply with variables, formatted!

See my new attachement, where you can see a protected and unprotected file.
If you have a better idea, please let it know me, your ideas are of course always welcome.  :D

Markus

Mario

QuoteI have not a category for protected files. Spread over my db in different folders I have images, what I want protect.

Before protected files were available, and still now, you can use categories and category filters to hide files you don't want to show by accident or when you a reviewing files with specific customers.

One trick is to either include the name of the customer as  keyword or another metadata tag. This way you can 'grab' it with a data-driven category. Or you manually assign files you want to hide to categories. In either case, you can then create a filter "Hide Files from CLIENT A" which filters out all files in the "CLIENT A" category. Save that filter so it shows up in the filter list. You can then hide all files (completely) from that client by just clicking the check box for that filter. Takes all but a second.

Protected files may be slicker to use when all you want to do is to hide the visual. But when you also want to hide the metadata, it may be easier for most users to just filter them out entirely.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator

sinus

I see, Mario.
Thanks for the explanation, I tried it out, and it works good.

But in my case I will go with the new protection, for me it is really a good thing.

So we see again, with IMatch we have several way to reach a goal.  ;D
Markus

sinus

Hello again

I was asked in a personal message, where to put the "code"

{File.Protected|cast:int;is:0,{File.MD.XMP::photoshop\Headline\Headline\0};is:1,geschützt!}

You may look here for a betteer explanation:
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=3352.msg21915#msg21915

Only in short, this code comes into the Layout Editor, in my case I placed it into the footer.
See my attachement.

And yes, it means, if a file is not protected, then the result is 0 (is:0), hence the following variables will be displayed (could be also a word or even an icon), in my case: {File.MD.XMP::photoshop\Headline\Headline\0}

This means, if the file is NOT protected, the headline will appears under the thumb.

If the file is protected, the output is 1 (is:1), hence the following word (or variables) will be displayed, in my case "geschützt!"

Hope, this helps.

Markus

zematima

Hi sinus:
Working.
Thanks for your explanation.
Best regards,
JRosa.

zematima

Hi sinus:
I read the posts you made and i downloaded your layout.
When I try to use it it works fine for the type of the file (jpg,etc). the number of keywords , but the ATT and the G1,G2,etc features don't work.(2.2.jpg)
As you can see from the picture I copied the code you gave for the keywords:
<Run FontFamily='Lucida Console' FontSize='10pt' Foreground='#000000'  Background='{File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject\0|hasvalue:#00DE00;default:#FF00FF}'>{File.MD.XMP::Lightroom\hierarchicalSubject\HierarchicalSubject\0|count:true} </Run>
The result in the file is 0 which is right.(1.1.jpg)
The code :
<Run FontFamily='Lucida Console' FontSize='9pt' Foreground='#000000' Background='{File.Width|is:0,#FF00FF,#FBD62A}'> {File.Width|contains:1',G1;contains:2',G2;contains:3',G3;contains:4',G4;contains:5',G5;is:0,00}</Run>
The result is in a yellow background with the number 1600 (this belongs to the size of the file) but it should be G1.(1.1.jpg)
This result is the same of 2.2.jpg.
I would like to have the code for the Attributes (this file has Attributes) and the ATT doesn't appear.(This is a very good feature because you can see immediatly if a file has attributes or not).
In file 2.2.jpg what does it mean:
no (near the file name).
06.24.C0 left bottom (The date without the Year?)
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

sinus

Hi JRosa

Thanks for your post.
Because I think, your post is better in the other thread, I have copied some of your post there. I hope, you don't mind.
I have also answered there (part of your questions).

Here:
https://www.photools.com/community/index.php?topic=3352.msg30477#new
Markus