New Maximize button 5.4.8 - where?

Started by Aubrey, May 04, 2015, 06:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

The help file indicates that there is a new maximize button in the panel caption bar.

"A new Maximize button is available in the panel caption bar. This allows you to temporarily maximize the panel size."

I'm not seeing this, but perhaps I'm interpreting the panel caption bar incorrectly.

Would somebody paste a section of their screen to show this button.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

|

ubacher

sinus

This depends of the place and status of the panels.
If you dock the panels and creates it so, that aove is a panel and below, then the button will be displayed. (attachement 1).

If you arrange them like attachement 2, the button will not appear.

I think, you should try to arrange the panels in different ways, then you will find out.

See also in the helpfile the !-remark:

This button is only visible when panels are docked above each other or side-by-side.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

I explained that in the help topic for panels (even added a screen shot to show where the button is).
And the info in the release notes about this new feature links to the panel topic so I thought it was easy for users to find it and read about it.

As sinus wrote above, the maximize button is only visible when there is something to maximize - meaning that you have docked panels side-by-side (above each other or next to each other).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Now I understand thank you.
I have to admit to reading the new release topics, but did not think to go to the detailed help information.

I should have clicked on the shortcut to the specific new feature details from release notes  :-[

Aubrey.