My thumnails för jpg and cr2 don´t work

Started by martinn, June 27, 2015, 08:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinn

First posting here. I recently moved my database (Imatch 5) to a new disk and since then it seems that my thumbnails for jpg and CR2 don´t work. I just see a PS-icon. How come?

/Martin Nordström
Sweden
Martin Nordström

Mario

First make sure that the files are on-line (no yellow off-line indicator). Else Relocate first.

If IMatch shows the icon of the associated application (PS in your case), it was unable to extract a thumbnail and/or preview.
Did you install WIC codecs for the RAW-Format you are using?

Select one of the CR2 files and then go to Help > Support > WIC diagnosis.
This checks if a WIC codec is installed and it it works correctly.

If no codec is installed for the format, IMatch displays y a warning while adding the files to the database - unless you have already disabled this warning.

See also WIC Codec in the help and this article in the IMatch knowledge base:

http://www.photools.com/1167/wic-support-codec-availability/
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

martinn

Thank You, Mario!
I realize that my question was quite wide. This is answer I got asking for installed WIC-codec, is that sufficient? And, yes, I do see the warning when I open Imatch.

"List of installed codecs:
   Codec 'BMP Decoder' for extensions .bmp,.dib,.rle
   Codec 'GIF Decoder' for extensions .gif
   Codec 'ICO Decoder' for extensions .ico,.icon
   Codec 'JPEG Decoder' for extensions .jpeg,.jpe,.jpg,.jfif,.exif
   Codec 'PNG Decoder' for extensions .png
   Codec 'TIFF Decoder' for extensions .tiff,.tif
   Codec 'WMPhoto Decoder' for extensions .wdp,.jxr
   Codec 'Microsoft Camera Codec Pack' for extensions .arw,.cr2,.crw,.dng,.erf,.kdc,.mrw,.nef,.nrw,.orf,.pef,.raf,.raw,.rw2,.rwl,.sr2,.srw

Testing file 'F:\Martins Dokument S\Mina bilder\Att sortera\Att sortera 2012\20120610\IMG_6898.CR2'
   Thumbnail: Codec 'Microsoft Camera Codec Pack'
      () 160x120 pixel in 0 ms.
   Preview: Codec 'Microsoft Camera Codec Pack'
      () 5184x3456 pixel in 63 ms.
   Full resolution: Codec 'Microsoft Camera Codec Pack'
      () 5184x3456 pixel in 0 ms."

But I must also mention that it seems that images that I have worked with in PS and saved under a new name is seen as a thumbnail without any problem. Also, it seems, images from other cameras then my own Canons (400D and 7D) seems to be OK. I will go on studying the information you recommended earlier but appreciate any other trick you might have.

/Martin
Martin Nordström

Mario

The codec loads the file without problems, and so should IMatch. Did you try to rescan the files in question using Ctrl+Shift+F5 and then "Force Update"? Keep the log file from that session if this still does not work. It may contain error messages that help us solve the problem (see log file in the help for details).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

martinn

The force update seems to solve the problem, thanks a lot!
Martin Nordström