Quick Copy like IM3

Started by StanRohrer, September 09, 2015, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanRohrer

The file Copy and Paste works well for a few files where a file collection is being made. However, when making a collection of a hundred files selected from across my 130,000 database, the Copy and Paste sequence is very cumbersome for searching to Copy, and then traversing to a collection folder to Paste, and returning the prior search point to continue. For us sellers of stock images, the collection time to build a client lightbox is often painful when gathering semi-random images from across a large database.

IM 3 had Copy and Quick Copy commands at the right click on any image that was very click efficient. If the file was offline, a dialog box would pop up to get the media. I could make a client collection just by viewing my search and making a few right click Quick Copy's.

Please add IM3 like Quick Copy functionality to IM5.

Mario

This functionality has been replaced by Favorites.
Either add your target folders as regular favorites or use the automatically maintained history lists.

See "For IMatch 3 Users" in the help, and the Favorites topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

StanRohrer

Thanks, Mario. I knew you had to have a smart way to save keystrokes. The folder Favorite seems to work for online files. I will have to play some more to be comfortable with it and that it does not delete the file from the source location.

I do see a concern with offline files. Trying to copy to the specified Favorites folder produces a file copy error message. It would be nice if this pop-up was a screen to insert the offline CD/DVD media that is required.

Mario

Off-line files are so rarely used these days, I did not implement dedicated handling for them in IMatch 5. This simplifies many of the internal operations and improves performance. So far this decision seems to work with the majority of users.

Quoteand that it does not delete the file from the source location.

Please see the Favorites documentation in the IMatch help system for details. You can easily control whether you move or copy files.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook