How can I ?

Started by zematima, September 28, 2015, 03:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zematima

Hi:
Sorry for the topic name but I don't know what to put in this subject.
So , in the picture attached I have in the main node (280 / 2469)
The five other names subordinated have a total of 2818 pictures.
Now the questions:
1 - How can I see only the 280 pictures ?
My idea is to put those 280 pictures under one of the names instead of Family so it should give me instead of 280/2469 , 0/2469 + 280
EDIT: I manage to see the 280 files with Hierarchy. I put them under a family name.
Now instead of 280/2469  I have 0 / 2469 , but I should have 3098.
2 - If I sum the pictures of the names I have a total of 2818 pictures , but if I sum the 280 pictures with the 2469 I get only 2749 pictures.
For my point of view I should have 2818 (the sum of the names) plus 280. (3098)
From the 3098 pictures I had 280 that I should put them under a name instead of under the Family.
How can I query (formula?) to see only those 280 photos.
Other example:
I have a main category Dogs. Under that category I have the name of the dogs.In the main category I have 0/2903. If I sum the pictures of the dogs names I have 3778 pictures! What I would like is to have in all main categories something like 0 / X where X is the sum of the subordinated categories.(in the case of the dogs 0/3778)
So what can I do to correct this?
Thanks in advance.
JRosa.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

Categories are hierarchical and a parent category always contains (virtually) all files assigned to its child categories.

To see only the files assigned to the parent category, enable the option Direct Assignments only in the properties of the parent category.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

zematima

Hi:
Thanks for your reply.
Solved.

Mario

Another solution would be to setup a new category which uses a @CatNoRecurse formula. For example,

"@CatNoRecurse[@All|Familia Clarinda]"

in your case. This formula returns all files assigned to "@All|Familia Clarinda" but not the files assigned to its child categories.
Note that this formula takes a regular expression and it is important to specify the full path to the category of interest.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook