Improting Metadata

Started by Erich, October 06, 2015, 04:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erich

Hello. I am new to this community and iMatch. I am currently evaluating the trial version. I have noticed that every time I open the application, it shows the importing Metadata window. This is fine except for the fact that it says it will take over 25 hours to do this. (Apparently I have over 17000 files). But this happens every time I open the app! Is this normal behaviour? What is going on?

Mario

When you add files to your database, IMatch extracts a thumbnail, a lot of other information and the metadata. This is done only once, but can take some time.
Although not 25 hours for only 17K files. Are your files on your local disk? Or maybe on a slow remote NAS system?

Questions:

Did you let IMatch finish the import of your 17,000 files yet?
You can close IMatch while it is still processing files in the background. It will automatically continue when you re-open it later. This is what you see, I guess.

After the initial import of the files has been completed, IMatch should not restart the import when you re-open it.
But it will scan the folders you have added to your database for new or updated files, and then refresh the database in the background.

You can also attach the IMatch log file to your reply. The log file will tell me what IMatch is doing.
Go to Help > Support > Copy Log File to copy the log file to a file, and then ZIP and attach this file.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook