Make "Protected Files Visible" setting sticky between IMatch sessions

Started by DavidOfMA, December 26, 2015, 03:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidOfMA

For those of us who don't use protected files, it would be convenient to be able to set "Protected Files Visible" and have that setting be sticky between sessions, effectively turning off the protected files feature. Then, if we accidentally set the file protection flag, as I have done and at least one other user on the board has done, the files will still be visible and it won't be necessary to unprotect them. Currently, the "Protected Files Visible" flag resets to hiding protected files each time you restart IMatch.

David

DavidOfMA

I'm not suggesting that Mario change the way protection works, only that, if one consciously decides to turn that feature off by selecting "Protected Files Visible," it stays selected when you restart IMatch. For people who always want protection on, they will never select "Protected Files Visible," or they select it and then turn it off when they want the protected files to be invisible again. It would work the same as it does now, except that the "Protected Files Visible" setting would stay selected between IMatch sessions, instead of reverting back to unselected. I think it's the only setting in IMatch that isn't sticky between sessions, or at least it's the only one I've see so far.

Aubrey

David, I see what you are suggesting.... I think you are right. I'm going to remove my earlier mail and add a like here.
Aubrey.