Has there been any Changes affecting Resizing of panels in the latest Release?

Started by kiwilink, January 11, 2016, 12:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwilink

Hi Mario!

Thanks for the latest release.  I just put it on my desktop and opened the map panel and went to resize it and IMATCH hung up.  I opened it up and tried it a few more times and the same thing happened.  I shutdown the computer and tried again.  I saved the log before I did it and then tried again and the same thing happened.  I have attached both logs (the before and after)?

Mike

P.S.  I tried it again after about an hour and the same thing happened so I attached another log that may help.  I can size any of the other panels with no worry (moving the handlebars left and right) but it appears the Map panel resizing is causing the issue.  I just recreated the problem on my Laptop also.  Before the update I was able to resize the Map panel but after I applied the update on the Laptop the same thing happened (I was unable to resize the Map panel).

Thanks Mario for any assistance you can provide.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

IMatch does not really crash.
The UI toolkit fall into some kind of infinite loop when the HTML browser in the panel is resized.
Must be something between the UI toolkit, the Web Browser host window, the web browser control or something.

You can 'revive' IMatch by minimizing the window (e.g. by pressing <WindowsKey>+<D>) and then restoring it (<WindowsKey>+<D> again). This seems to break the infinite loop and the UI toolkit becomes reactive again.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Hi Mario:

I tried your suggestion and it worked once and failed the last 3 times I tried it.  I must close IMATCH and reopen it each time I try and resize the map panel (see the message I get from IMATCH attached).  Has anyone else tried this?

Is this something you will be able to address sometime in the future?  If, soo, I can wait.  I may roll back to 5.5.8 because the problem does not occur in that release.  Thanks Mario for all you do!!!

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

ovrevid

In the release note for IMatch 5.6.4 Mario say something about a workaround for this issue.
-- Vidar

kiwilink

Dear Ovrevid:

Thanks for the reply.  I did read this in his release notes so it sounds like another vendor must fix it.  I tried the fix that Mario suggested and it worked about 25% of the time on my Desktop.  I tried it on a Laptop and got the same thing.  Sometimes it will work but most of the time it didn't free it up.  Maybe Mario has another suggestion.

Thanks again for the reply!

Mike

Mario

I have several open tickets with the UI toolkit vendor. This is one of them. Their typical response time is weeks and their release schedules are months. Don't wait for a quick fix. I have already spend 16 hours trying to find a work-around, and I did not find one (except reverting IMatch back to the old UI toolkit version, but that is impossible).

If you really need to resize your Map panel so often that this affects your workflow, create a group of the Map panel and another panel. Closed the Map panel, resize the group, re-open the map panel. This allows you to change the size of the Map panel without blocking IMatch.

What always works is <Windows>+<D>  then <Windows>+<D> again and then clicking on the IMatch icon in the task bar.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

kiwilink

Mario:

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

This problem is now fixed in your latest release as you mentioned.  It was driving me crazy as I was constantly resizing panels and then using your workaround below.  Your fix is now working perfectly. 

Thanks so much!!  This is why I love IMATCH soooo much.  The best support anywhere!!

Mike

Mario

QuoteThanks so much!!  This is why I love IMATCH soooo much.  The best support anywhere!!

Thanks. Spread the word. People should know about IMatch, and the big vendors drown out everything with their 100+ millions of dollars marketing budgets... :'(
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator