can not set data driven (driven by formula made of categories) automatic update

Started by Luis Cordoba, February 13, 2016, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis Cordoba

I had several data driven categories AND I want to turn off auto update. I went to Edit preferences Background Processing and click off Update data driven categories, apply button is gray out. Close the data base.  Data driven categories are still auto updating with each related to the formula change in the database.

If I try to  turn it off in each data driven categorie Properties, it do not give the option (there is no way to click apply )

I understand those are my 2 options to turn auto update data driven categories off. But neither of them working. I have the last version of Imathc running.

Any help?

Mario

The Apply button is disabled for all settings which cannot be applied without closing the dialog. Close the dialog with OK to persist your changes.
This is a standard button, I cannot hide it from the dialog. See the corresponding comment in the help. Apply is enabled, for example, for file window settings.

When you make the change in the properties of the data-driven categories, it is automatically applied, like all other settings (e.g. colors or description).
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Luis Cordoba

Mario thanks for your answer. The OK button is gray out in the Edit Data Driven category dialog.
the OK button shows in the Edit Preferences.... but still data driven categories are updating after  change the background processing to NOT update data driven categories.

Maybe I am missing something in the general settings that allows me to change data driven properties of each categories?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mario

The Level property in the dialog is not enabled (right at the top) and this is why the OK button is not enabled. Your data-driven category needs at least one enabled level to work.

Via Edit > Preferences > Background Processing you can disable processing of all data-driven categories. You usually don't want that. Unless you have a very slow computer in combination with a very large database, you always want to your data-driven categories to be updated as soon as possible.

You can can configure each data-driven category for manual updates using the category property:

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook