Design&Print: Filling my first photobook - is there a better way?

Started by ubacher, February 18, 2016, 01:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubacher

I want to create a photo book.
I have a template with two page layouts, A and B.
I select my images and start Design&Print.
I select my template
In order not to forget I rename the document immediately as My Photobook
I have page layout A and B, both hidden (?)
I duplicate page B and then insert the wanted images.
This I repeat several times.
Now I need page layout A.
What do I do now?
(Go back to page A, duplicate it and then move it up x times in a row? Too inconvenient to be practical.
  But is there a better way? Am I approaching this wrongly?)

Mario

Why don't you use a dynamic template? These templates are created once and work with whatever images you use them.
No need to manually duplicate pages or what else you do...

If you create a standard template, it will be fixed, linked to a specific set of images. This is great when you want to use it exactly like that, print one photo book. Then either keep the template if you want to print it again later, or throw it away. Or maybe keep it and then exchange the images as needed.

When you create a standard template you need to insert as many pages as you need. You can duplicate pages or add new pages using the wizard. This is the workflow you have in most photo book software.

If you consider cloning and moving pages up and down too tiring, try this:

Insert en empty page where you want it. Go to your original page, select everything and Ctrl+C, go to the new page and Ctrl+V. The pages must have the same grid settings.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

sinus

I think, you have read the help-file. It is very good documented.

But yes, at the beginning it tooks me some time to understand the system.

I think, first you should know, what you want.
Because this is important, if you will go to the dynamic- or standard-route.

If you want work with a lot of different pages with different sizes of the images, I would go the standard-way (template).

If you have quite a lot of images, and your pages are not that different (though this works also), I would go the dynamic-way.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus