How to find unstacked Version Files

Started by scw2wi, February 18, 2016, 11:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scw2wi

I'm having many pairs of RAW+JPG images and nearly all of them are displayed in stacked form.
Now I'm looking for a simple way how to find the few pairs that are still shown side by side (not in stacked form already).

I was playing with the different types of filters, combining and inverting them but could not find a solution.
Maybe I was totaly wrong if filters are working on really existing information and not on display information.

I would also develop a short script if I would have a good idea how to solve it.

Walter

Mario

All versions are automatically stacked into the version stack. All masters form a virtual stack, made from the master as the stop and all versions tucked underneath. No need to search for anything.

For all other cases, the stacked/versioned/.... options in the File Attributes filter should do the trick. They allow you to see stacked and non-stacked files, versioned files etc.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

scw2wi

Yes I know these filters, but I meant the display-state of versioned images.

When I import NEF+JPG they are automatically identified as correct versioned images but shown separately per default.
Then I toggle the display mode to being shown as stack, so that I only see the NEFs at top, not the JPG any longer.

When I then look at directory level I can see identical number of pictures displayed (master) and hidden (version).
But sometimes there is one paar of images shown separately (maybe because I have edited a picture, I don't know).
Then I'm scrolling down to find this one paar and toggling the display to stacked.

If it's a small directory it's easy, but if there are hundreds of images it takes time.
So I would like to find all versions that are not shown as stacked images yet.

Walter

Mario

You can just select all files with <Ctrl>+<A> and then toggle the version stack with <Shift>+<Ctrl>+<Q> to toggle all version stacks on and off.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

scw2wi

thanks, that's even a better solution than searching for it.