Design & Print - Cannot see images...

Started by Aubrey, May 03, 2016, 12:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

When I've opened Design and Print on previous occasions I've seen thumbnails of the images to drag into the containers.

Now I cannot see the thumbnails!

I must have switched off something. I've looked through the manual but cannot work out what I've done.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

sinus

Quote from: Aubrey on May 03, 2016, 12:03:17 PM
When I've opened Design and Print on previous occasions I've seen thumbnails of the images to drag into the containers.

Now I cannot see the thumbnails!

I must have switched off something. I've looked through the manual but cannot work out what I've done.

Suggestions please.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Well,  not easy, with so little informations.
Did you have opend this time a dynamic template? In this case you will not see the thumbs.

Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Aubrey

I did not give a lot of details as I thought it must be simple I had touched!

Yes, I'm using dynamic, creating a new template to simply print an image on A4 paper. This is useful information.

I've decided to put more effort into IMatch printing rather than going through LR6.
Thanks for quick pointer.

Aubrey.

sinus

Aubrey,

For me the first steps to "thinking" into the D&P was not that easy, I remember.
But once I got it, how this tool works, I loved it.

We can really make a lot of good things. With using also variables the possibilities are really great!
I work mostly with dynamic template, simply cool.

Good luck for you!
Best wishes from Switzerland! :-)
Markus

Mario

Quote from: Aubrey on May 03, 2016, 12:20:21 PM
Yes, I'm using dynamic, creating a new template to simply print an image on A4 paper. This is useful information.

Dynamic templates don't display thumbnails because they don't use a 'fixed' set of files. Instead they work with whatever selection of files you use them with. In Dynamic templates you place the container (usually only one is needed) where you want to put the files, and then go to preview to see the result for whatever files you have dropped to the module (or which files were selected when you used <Ctrl>+<P>.

In standard templates you work with a fixed set of files, that later does not change. Hence you see thumbnails of these files so you can place them where you want them.

Standard templates are more like you probably now from other software. Dynamic templates are a very powerful IMatch specialty.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Mario,
thank you for the clarification.
I've used fixed templates and obtained the format that I need.

Thank you and Markus for the feedback.
Aubrey.