Question on upcoming portability option.

Started by Aubrey, August 24, 2016, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey

Mario,
Will the new portability option include ability to preset the:
Icon size
Tree icon size
in the Preferences |Application|User interface?

I'm travelling this week and when I moved IMatch to my laptop with 1920x1200 resolution screen I set both the above parameters to "normal" from the "large" that I have on my desktop.

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

These settings are stored per user and per computer anyway. They travel when you copy over your settings database as explained in the Traveling with IMatch help topic.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Aubrey

Pack and Go moves everything.
I would like to override the settings I have on my desktop machine when the database is transferred using the pack and go module. I know that these are ported across in the pts file. But this is not what I would like.

On my desktop machine I have:
Icon size: Large
Tree icon size: Large

On my laptop I use:
Icon size: Normal
Tree icon size: Normal

So when I go to laptop I want Normal and not Large.

The database portability options allows selection of:
Folder and disk

Is it possible that it would allow the over-riding of imported values from the pts file.... perhaps this might be a future development?

Thanks,
Aubrey.

Mario

Unless your computers have the same name, the settings can be different for both computers.
IMatch stores machine-dependent settings linked to the computer name (per machine).

You can choose large icons and stuff for your main computer, and then configure the laptop to use small icons.
Just configure it once per machine and then don't forget to transfer the PTS file between the two machines afterwards.
Copying the PTS file between the two computers will move all your settings, including the per-computer settings like icon size, screen layout etc.

This is nothing the portability feature needs to handle separately.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook