Missing the "View" Tab from 3.6

Started by RainerG, August 13, 2013, 12:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainerG

In IM 3.6 i use the 'view'-Tab to look the pics in windowsize. A doubleclick on the thumbnail starts my  graphics editing program.

The viewer in IM5 is not so good. I must first select pics and press enter (in 3.6 i only select the view-tab), then i must press strg+enter to start my graphics editing program. Doubleclick not work :-( and the view window is closed - that is very bad :-(. That's no good work for me. The view-tab in 3.6 works better.

I use  the view-tab in 3.6 to indentify "little" people and set the person-category with the category-assignment window. That works good.

In the new view-mode i can not directly set a category, the window goes in the background.

A view-tab in IM5 i could set the category directly - that would be great :-).

RainerGausH
www.BunteReisebilder.de

Mario

Are you aware of the Quick View Panel (<F9>,<Q>) which is a much advanced replacement for the View tab used in IMatch 3?
You can dock this panel anywhere, make it float as a normal window, move it to another monitor even. It automatically follows the currently selected file in the file window.

QuoteIn the new view-mode i can not directly set a category, the window goes in the background.

I don't understand. Do you mean the Viewer when you say view-mode?
You can run the viewer in four different window layouts:

1. Full-screen
2. as a window
3. Fill the entire workspace
4. Docked as a normal panel

I assume you have set the viewer to run in full-screen or as a window?
And you click somewhere in the file window or the category panel to assign your categories?
Then of course the viewer will go into the background, otherwise you cannot reach the main IMatch window or category panel.
If you want to run the viewer and IMatch side-by-side, either move the viewer to a second monitor and run it full-screen, or switch the viewer to docking mode and dock it somewhere.

But for the workflow you describe the Quick View Panel will be most likely more useful than the viewer.

Please also note that you can assign categories directly in the viewer. Just switch on the category panel in the Viewer with <T>,<E>

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Gerd

Hi,

for some quick views in Full-screen (only viewing) I use the Dia-show and select 'not-automatic'. Then I can go through the pictures without having them to select first.

Regards
Gerd
_______
Regards
Gerd