Imatch (5.7.6) and exiftool-10.37

Started by emef, December 27, 2016, 04:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emef

Hello everyone,
I have just downloaded exiftool-10.37, and of course I installed it and is considering copying the file "exe" in ~: \ Program Files (x86) \ photools.com \ IMatch5 \, replacing the file that came with the latest version of our favorite software. I hope this will not mess up the use of Imatch? Thank you for your opinion.   ???

Mario

I have not tested this version. Any special reason you need to run this version of ExifTool?

Installing a new ET version will upgrade your database automatically when IMatch opens it for the first time.
In case you want to rollback: Make a copy of the database. Make a copy of the exiftool.exe shipped with IMatch.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

emef

Thank you for your quick reply Mario.
No reason, except that using "Geosetter" I had the proposal to update exiftool, and I thought I could extend things to Imatch (I of course already saved the old version in Renaming it to "old_exiftool.exe." If I encountered a problem, I'd like to share it with you, and good wishes for 2017 to you and all IM users.   ;)