IMatch 5.8.4

Started by axel.hennig, January 26, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axel.hennig

Hi,

some days ago I read the release-notes for IMatch 5.8.4 (unreleased) and it was announced that the "Category Storage" improvement (Enhancement | #00093 in IMatch 5.8.6) will come. What has happend that this is now an announcement for the 5.8.6?

Axel

Mario

This is an IMatch 6 feature. It requires substantial changes in database storage and code.

I just cannot manage more than one "upcoming" version and my plan was that the next version would be IMatch 6.
But I have discovered a bug in the search panel of IMatch Anywhere and this was urgent enough to rollback and prepare and ship an update today - with quite a number of improvements for both products, in addition to the bug fix.

If this irritates you, I apologize. I you plan to complain, there is no need. The improved category storage will be part of IMatch 6.
All features reported for versions marked as unreleased are subject to change without notice.
Giving users access to features and changes planned (!) for upcoming versions is a free service, but changes are normal, until a product is released.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

axel.hennig

Thanks and no worries. I just wanted to know.

By the way: Installation went without problems (as always).