Reinstalling IMatch

Started by Canay, February 03, 2017, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canay

I needed to reinstall IMatch after a hard drive failure. The program is working great, my data base is fine, but I don't have some custom shortcuts that I had before. I get a message that says:

"No favorite is associated with this keyboard shortcut or the favorite set containing the favorite is not loaded. "

Can you tell me where the favorite sets were located and what file name or folder I should be looking for?

Thanks.

Canay

Modifying to also ask where Metadata templates are stored. These are missing also.
Do I have to recreate these?

Mario

Restore your settings database from the last backup.
The file is located in "C:\ProgramData\photools.com\IMatch5\config\imatch.pts"

Search the IMatch help index for "Backup" for more info. Also search for Pack & Go.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Canay

Thanks Mario.

This is so strange. I have reinstalled from the pack and go but all my metadata templates are gone. I've restored from different dates and there are just none there.
I only used two. One to write my file name to the metadata title and one to write my categories to the metadata keywords.

I really don't know what happened. I recreated the template and assigned the shortcut key to it. But the mystery remains.

Moving on...

Mario

Metadata templates are user- and database-specific and are stored in the IMatch database itself.

Do you use a different user name now? If you use a different user name, you won't see any presets or resources you had created for your original user name.
In that case you can use the Alias feature to use a different user name for IMatch than you use for Windows.

Edit > Preferences > Application: Settings. User Name Alias.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator
http://www.photools.com  -  Contact & Support - Follow me on 𝕏 - Like photools.com on Facebook

Canay

That was it Mario. I'm glad you replied because I am happy to solve the mystery. When my hard drive crashed, I had a company install a new hard drive and Windows 10. They did not set things up the way I would have!!!

Such a simple thing...

I was worried that by adding an alias I would lose all the catagorizing I did yesterday but they are still there. Any way of copying these settings to my new user name or is it just fine to work with the alias?

Mario

Per-user data is just that. Data that is per user. Sometimes it may contain private data or even saved passwords.
I reluctantly (!) added support for the user name Alias for users who are unable or unwilling to log in with the same user name on all computers where they use IMatch.

There is no way to copy per-user settings from one user to another user. Just use the Alias feature, it was designed for exactly that.
-- Mario
IMatch Developer
Forum Administrator